Musandam locations to visit???

Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello almosters,

I need some help. I am planning to drive some friends to the musandam this weekend. But i have not been there by myself before, so I have no or little knowledge of places to visit there. We are going to stay in a hotel, which is booked so no problem with the accommodation. But if you guys know some places to visit in musandam and around, please let me know. GPS coordinates or maps would be really helpful.. Thanks in advance.

RED
R.B
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

I advise you to get a copy of the Explorer UAE or Oman book (I have both but cant remember which one it is in) but there is a route from Khasab which takes you up the Wadi and over the mountains(at over 2000m) back towards Dibba. The scenery is fantastic, very like the Grand Canyon in the USA once you cross the highest point. You cant get to Dibba as the Border Post is closed to non Nationals. Well worth the trip. There are a coupdl of nice short walks up on the top as well, all in the Explorer book. While in Khasab well worth doing a Dolphin tour as well, half day is enough. Enjoy.