Gulf News Fun Drive 2015

C N Sreejith
Club Member
Club Member

Dear Almosters,

The Fun Drive turned out to be absolutely fun-filled! Although things didn't go as I wanted it to, the presence of Rita, Elena and Defrag during the first two stages was a big support. And thanks Defrag, for pulling me out of that crest. Sorry for not being able to keep pace with you. My lack of experience, Patrol being heavier and slower than the Jeep, my parents being 65 and 58 years old - I had to slow down.

Being alone had it's own advantages. I started being more careful and watchful for the markers that the organizers had set up. My father surprised me by his wisdom, common sense and experience! Although he has never been in a desert before (but he was born and brought up in the mountains), his guidance and suggestions saw me through in most circumstances. I got stuck only once (in stage 4, where there was a swimming pool of sand) and I could complete stage 6 by 3.45pm.

Well, I got stuck a second time, while exiting the parking area at the camp (that had become another swimming pool of sand by late evening).

Looking forward to my first drive with Almosters soon :)

Cheers,
Sreejith