Should have joined Almost4x4......

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Dave;39047]I would have helped but car was abandoned. Poor guy had given up and gone away. I passed by again after an hour on the way home and still nobody around the car. Guessing it got stuck at night when no cars about. About 500m away I came across a farmer in a Toyota pick up truck with the back bed loaded 5 feet high with big bags off animal feed,or something. I did help him. The heaviest car I pulled out of the sand prior to this was a Ford Raptor. This was even heavier including all it's cargo. Poor Nissan needed all of its 280bhp to free him up but it managed in first attempt! I have to say I really admire those old Toyota's. Once free, it just drove off over the dunes with at least a ton of weight on its back! Next best thing to a camel! Almost anyway![/quote]
I remember the previous winter i was around the jumierah beach one near knowledge village and a cop approached me asking me if i could help out a loaded media crew pickup mitsubishi truck :p When i saw the truck i was like holy shit ! Tires were all Dug in i didnt loose hope either and i had the famous viking/snatch combo at that time (i still do and is used in extreme situtions when a longer rope is needed) 3 tugs later the truck was out and the media crew were thanking me like i was an angel :p
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote= like i was an angel :p[/quote]

Word!
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Defragmantor;39079] like i was an angel :p[/quote]

Word!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Defragmantor;39079] like i was an angel :p[/quote]

[quote=Mazaaj;39084]Word![/quote]

كلام .....

@Mazaaj. ... LOL ... They don't have this expression in English :grin:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
anitosh9

Friends,
Few weeks back on the way to work @ 6:30 am from Al Tawun-Sharjah on th exit road to Ittihad road, i saw a Prado partially on pavement from far off. The driver was waiving & requesting passer by's for help. As i neared i saw his suv was stuck on the pavement with front wheels free & rear wheel digged in sand below, since he must have tried to take shortcut from mamzar beach. His three school kids were standing upset next to him. I pulled over to help him & realized that his self recovery attempt had failed.
My next thought was to use ALMOST 4x4 Magic. Searched for a stone big enough to place under left front wheel, then 4L, Straightened steering and gradually reversed. Then with a uniform torque drove it off the sand onto the pavement & on the road. The kids were so excited that they clapped & the guy thanked me full heart. Believe me, the smile of the kids just made my day.
And the big reason to make my day is my training with Almost 4x4........Cheers, Respect & Salute to the Marshall's & the Almost Family.

Anitosh9
Ford F150