Angry with Trading Enterprises

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

So I'm having issues with my jeep
here is the back story
I used to have a 2013 JKU brought from the dealer here unfortunately in march it was written off due to a roll over in the dessert.So while estimating the Damage cost list i noticed that my gig unit from my 2013 jku was not covered by insurance and since it was still intact i decided to get it removed . Fast forward to last month i decided to get a 2014 jku and fit the my gig unit coming out of the 2013 in 2014 . i asked the showroom representative to get this done. He got back to me saying that it was incompatible as the year had changed and i didn't settle for the lies he just told me. once i got the car i went to the almost garage and @AL Khatib was kind enough to fit the old unit. The unit fit perfect but sadly it asked for a pin which i could retrieve from the dealer only. He also informed that the unit is missing a part (more like an antenna which enables the gps to work ). As I'm still new to jeeps i didn't knw that this part even existed. So i got back to the service centre asked to get the part(antenna ) and the pin of the gps . i also asked the service advisor to get it fit . 2 days later the service advisor calls me and says the part from my car can't be recovered as the car is no more in their yard and i would have to pay for another antenna which is about 400dhs. Honestly i wouldn't mind paying for my fault but this is entirely on them and they should be compensating me (for telling lies) that the unit is not compatible and for not giving me all the parts that belonged to the unit as a whole
Pls advice on what should i do next
ps:i will atach a pic of the part they haven't provided me (antenna)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1990[/ATTACH]
Dave
Advance
Advance

I also had a poor experience with Trading Enterprises last year, but on a much bigger scale. Against my advise, my wife wanted a Jeep Cherokee so we purchased a 2005 model as it was her first car. The temperature gauge started to fluctuate after about 6 months so took it to the SZR service centre where we were told a new gauge was required. No other investigation was done and on the drive home again the gauge started to fluctuate. So it wasn't the temperature gauge then....! Next a new radiator and all the hoses that go with it was recommended and installed......and guess what, again the temperature gauge fluctuated only this time resulting in the car over heating.

The gauge had been correct all along. Now it was decided that the head gasket was at fault, so a new one was installed. This is a big job! Car picked up and again same issue. I finally lost my cool with these guys and was assured all would be fixed at their expense. But I am already Dhs 9000 out of pocket. Engine opened up again and it turns out the over heating bent two of the engine valves. This was not checked or noted when the head was last removed. So all this was repaired but did not explain the initial problem of the fluctuating engine temperature.

Finally, it was discovered that the water pump was the real issue as it worked intermittently switching off under engine load. So while at idle rpm it was fine, once moving the car had no pump. If I recollect correctly this pump is about Dhs 800 and would have saved all the issues that followed had Jeep done their job right first time. I now service the car elsewhere and the car has been running fine. Do you think Jeep refunded me any of my money for all the work done that was not necessary. Of course not!
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Dave;36811]I also had a poor experience with Trading Enterprises last year, but on a much bigger scale. Against my advise, my wife wanted a Jeep Cherokee so we purchased a 2005 model as it was her first car. The temperature gauge started to fluctuate after about 6 months so took it to the SZR service centre where we were told a new gauge was required. No other investigation was done and on the drive home again the gauge started to fluctuate. So it wasn't the temperature gauge then....! Next a new radiator and all the hoses that go with it was recommended and installed......and guess what, again the temperature gauge fluctuated only this time resulting in the car over heating.

The gauge had been correct all along. Now it was decided that the head gasket was at fault, so a new one was installed. This is a big job! Car picked up and again same issue. I finally lost my cool with these guys and was assured all would be fixed at their expense. But I am already Dhs 9000 out of pocket. Engine opened up again and it turns out the over heating bent two of the engine valves. This was not checked or noted when the head was last removed. So all this was repaired but did not explain the initial problem of the fluctuating engine temperature.

Finally, it was discovered that the water pump was the real issue as it worked intermittently switching off under engine load. So while at idle rpm it was fine, once moving the car had no pump. If I recollect correctly this pump is about Dhs 800 and would have saved all the issues that followed had Jeep done their job right first time. I now service the car elsewhere and the car has been running fine. Do you think Jeep refunded me any of my money for all the work done that was not necessary. Of course not![/quote]
If I were you I would've got the police involved in this because what their doing can be called a type of robbery . Your robbed in day light !. I however won't do that for my case as the money involved here ain't that big
Maddie

[MENTION=8472]Dave[/MENTION] - I just wish they would put some time and thought into properly diagnosing the problem. Its just a matter of guessing and hoping for them.
Jeeps, or any other 4x4 should be taken to proper garages, not dealers because all they know is warranty repairs, not trouble shooting.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Quick update I used the consumer rights card on the servicing agent and told them that i would take the matter to consumer court as today I'm facing this issue , tmmrw someone else will face the same so they should be taught a lesson . The service representative then went ahead and spoke to his manager and within 15 minutes it was agreed that they were at fault for the entire thing and fixed the issues free of charge .Be very Aware of your consumer rights .All in all matter was solved however this could've been done much more easily if trading enterprise accepted their mistake and i wouldn't have to literally threaten them ...