masafi to khorfakkan offroad

jmehul

HI guys , since most of you must have explore most of the uae , is there any road via mountain between masafi to khrofakan other than usual road which goes via fujairah.

i try to zoom in google images from masafi towards khorfakkan side i can see a road also i can see a tunnel.

Has anyone explore this road?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=jmehul;34528]HI guys , since most of you must have explore most of the uae , is there any road via mountain between masafi to khrofakan other than usual road which goes via fujairah.

i try to zoom in google images from masafi towards khorfakkan side i can see a road also i can see a tunnel.

Has anyone explore this road?[/quote]
I did in 2006.
jmehul

great ,so there is a road !!!!!!, in 2006 was there a tunnel also ? on the route i can see 4 borders since its passing via oman which again has uae territory within that oman.
please if you can put as many detail of that route it will be helpful for me since i am planning to drive across but my only worry is in-between borders.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=jmehul;34544]great ,so there is a road !!!!!!, in 2006 was there a tunnel also ? on the route i can see 4 borders since its passing via oman which again has uae territory within that oman.
please if you can put as many detail of that route it will be helpful for me since i am planning to drive across but my only worry is in-between borders.[/quote]
I remember it just very roughly, but I started at Madha waterfalls, followed the wadis to 25° 15.619'N 56° 13.405'E (steep descent - 4L, 1st gear), and I came out at 25° 14.456'N 56° 11.652'E. At that time there was no tunnel and no border and on the way were only goats.
Arun Pandyat

Hi Capri,

When I Google the crdnats its tough route - (steep descent - 4L, 1st gear)... I would like to try the route and long time i was Google
almost nearby route.

Arun