Air Compressors

cyanide

Just to add my point of view branded are always reliable, what you get from Dragon mart is your luck if you have good luck try them ... still they can stick any rating like 150psi but still it may be pumping around 100psi, so if the club wants from dragon mart get it form there or if you are talented make a label at home for 150psi and stick it :thumbsup:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=cyanide;38941] so if the club wants from dragon mart get it from there or if you are talented make a label at home for 150 psi and stick it :thumbsup:[/quote]

Dear cyanide , the club does not " want " , command or require a certain brand , shop or a place to buy your tools from . However certain specifications are required for those tools to be safe & efficient . to clear this out , here is some examples ,

- an air compressor with air flow rate less than 150 L/M will fail to fix a pop out .
- a trolley jack rated below 2 ton will fail to lift the vehicle safely .
- towing shackles rated less than 3.25 ton will break under pressure and may cause a disaster .And the list goes on for every tool we require.

The Marshals have spent tens of thousands over the years trying and experimenting hundreds of different tools ( branded & non-branded , cheap & extremely expensive , old & modern technologies ) and what we recommend is the pure result of this process .

If you are in the hunt for a branded reliable air compressor that matches the specs of the Dragon Mart Chinese A/C . your only choice will be the ARB twin piston which will cost you 2350 DH ( without fixing charges ) .

P.S. my personal Chinese A/C lasted for 3.5 years and I paid 270 DH. ( you do the math ) ....:confident:
What goes around , comes around .
Green Giant
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well said Abu Jimmy. From my limited experience I would thoroughly recommend the Dragonmart Camel brand. I broke my first one on the Liwa drive last November when it came loose and was thrown around the boot a lot! The second was has never skipped a beat. So by my maths, I can go through at least another 8 before the ARB cost is cheaper.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Green Giant;38946]Well said Abu Jimmy. From my limited experience I would thoroughly recommend the Dragonmart Camel brand. I broke my first one on the Liwa drive last November when it came loose and was thrown around the boot a lot! The second was has never skipped a beat. So by my maths, I can go through at least another 8 before the ARB cost is cheaper.[/quote]

I was at Dragon Mart yesterday and I saw the new camel brand twin piston 180 L/M for 270 DH only ...:thumbsup:
muhtar

[quote=Abu Jimmy;38976]I was at Dragon Mart yesterday and I saw the new camel brand twin piston 180 L/M for 270 DH only ...:thumbsup:[/quote]

I bought that one for 250AED Abu Jimmy; and tried it this weekend twice. I will keep updating about the reliability in the long term; yet it did well for now.
delta83
Advance
Advance

i have seen the twin compressor, and i tired both the twin and single ( started both of them and just check by your finger the air pressure), the single one is more powerful
the twin compressor uses a smaller electrical motor to pump in the same head ..
my next project will be connecting 2 single camel compressor together but this will draw the battery down , as it will consume around 70 Amp , it shouldn't be a problem if you are running an optima battery type
Orsomucca

I agree, the red one from dragon mart is a great value for money. Ok, probably I will consider something else for a 1 week trip in the desert due to reliability, but performance wise nothing less than the Viair I had permanently wired in my previous car that was costing much more.

Do you know where I can get a replacement air hose? mine is broken and seems that the ARB available in ACE is not compatible
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi [MENTION=9490]Orsomucca[/MENTION]

I would recommend that you buy the BLACK hose from ACE which comes with the Super Max compressor . Take it to Mazaya in Sharjah with your old hose . They will fabricate the end which compatible with yours. It will cost you 60 dhs.

Best regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Orsomucca;40430]I agree, the red one from dragon mart is a great value for money. Ok, probably I will consider something else for a 1 week trip in the desert due to reliability, but performance wise nothing less than the Viair I had permanently wired in my previous car that was costing much more.

Do you know where I can get a replacement air hose? mine is broken and seems that the ARB available in ACE is not compatible[/quote]
I had also broken hose on my Bushranger compressor. So I bought in Dragonmart some yellow plastic hose for 10 Dhs, for other compressor and replaced fittings from broken hose into new. Quite easy and simple job.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

The whole assembly of the hose is sold for 35 DH in Dragonmart . :thumbsup: