tell me your Fav off-road car, and why I shouldn't get it?

Adnan
Advance
Advance

Big greeting brother Armin
My 0.02 fils advice is that:.....YOUR BOTH choice are excellent,however,
If you are going to Wrangler,don't get OTHER THAN RUBICON.
If you are going to Patrol, don't get other than 4.8 vetc.

All in all you have to make sure enough space for wood.otherwise all almost 4x4 will extremely suffer.
Dave
Advance
Advance

I am on my third 2 door Nissan Patrol and as always it's the strength and reliability of the Patrol that convinces me to replace it with another Patrol. My old 1997 model was my favourite as back in the day I believe it was amongst the best of that decade and I am sorry to have sold it. Now a days there is so much competition there is no real clear winner. The 2 door Land Cruiser LC70 and a slightly modified FJ cruiser perform well. Never been a big fan of the wrangler but have to confess the new 285hp engine and greatly increased reliability of the new models has changed my opinion slightly! And the list goes on.

But you ask why not to get my favourite (off road) car, the Patrol? Well, we all like to be a little different and the less Patrols out there the more individual my Patrol feels!
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Please don't get the 4-door Wrangler. Or don't get the wood. Otherwise the little crawlies that come with the wood will be inside the cabin and will crawl onto my head! :O
Just get another truck. Make Sarookh happy and you can still make all my moves with less trips. He he. :D
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Stay on a truck Armin, I would suggest the Toyota Tundra
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Get Nissan Patrol truck. I has rear diff locks, so in your case it will be very handy feature :tastey:
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Adnan;32755]Big greeting brother Armin

All in all you have to make sure enough space for wood.otherwise all almost 4x4 will extremely suffer.[/quote]

Why only Rubicon..and I totally agree with the 4.8
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Adnan;32755]Big greeting brother Armin

All in all you have to make sure enough space for wood.otherwise all almost 4x4 will extremely suffer.[/quote]

the advantages of the RUBICON are mostly for rock crawling

yes i would love to have diff locks on my jk but i will not pay 25k extra just for the difflocks and a few stickers and nicer wheels
Adnan
Advance
Advance

[quote=Mazaaj;32771]Why only Rubicon..and I totally agree with the 4.8[/quote]

Good question bro,nonetheless Rubicon's diff locks, most of the Jeep models features are similar to each other,however,there are also some mechanical features are limited to M/s RUBICON such as but not limited to:

In term of Mechanical:
Rock-Trac Part-Time 4WD System
4.10 Axle Ratio
Next Generation Dana® 44 heavy duty solid front axle has a larger ring gear, stiffer and stronger housing, and larger pinion bearings to handle added torque requirements. Dana is a registered trademark of Dana Corporation.

Tru-Lok Front and Rear Axles
In term of suspension
Performance Suspension whereas Sport has Normal Duty Suspension

Other featuers
17-Inch x 7.5-Inch Polished Mineral Gray Wheels
LT255 / 75R17 BSW Off-Road Tires

In term of off road performance:
Electronic Front Sway Bar Disconnect
Rock Rails
muaz

I have been into this kind of research for more than six month before deciding to get my SWB 2012 MT Safari, rely based on numerous facts for multifunction usage:

P.S.personal evaluation don't take it seriously:tastey:

1: ِAppearance : on road= 9/10 & off road 09/10
2: Performance : on road= 9/10 & off road 10/10
3: Durability : on road=10/10 & off road 10/10
4: Stability : on road=10/10 & off road 10/10
5: consumption(Octane 95): on road=1AED=2.65KM with AC, 1 AED=2.85KM no AC & off road=1AED=1.85KM with AC, 1 AED=2.20KM no AC
6: Maintenance : on road=09/10 & off road 10/10
7: Resale Value : on road=10/10 & off road 09/10

the only comments I have found is:

1: front passenger seat space not good enough like the driver seat space due to back passengers passage mechanism(this can be modified).
2: back seats not comfortable enough for long trip(I think all SWB has the same scenario).
3: hot air keep slinking slightly to the cabin where the hand break located(I think its coming from the engine).
4: thirsty petrol drinker especially if you are angry driver(I installed free wheeling hub and it helps).
5: very idiotic manual radio antenna.
6: shortage of after market accessory.
7: Diff-lock is taking time to engage in some situation(still need to figure out when the car not at straight level).
8: locals will keep asking if for sale.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

My favorite offroader till date would be the farmers edition land cruiser pickup truck . really light and really powerful