tell me your Fav off-road car, and why I shouldn't get it?

Arminjune
Advance
Advance

I noticed I can never get the proper answer I need from people when I ask them about there car.
all who have jeep or Nissan or Toyota or truck tell me all the good things about there car and never admit the problems they have.

so this thread is about me asking your advice in a different way, partly because I'm on process of buying new car since my truck got totaled.

I DO NOT want you to tell me what to buy because how good they are, only I want to know if you have a car or fav car, what bad experience you had.

Also no one can respond to other peoples post proving them wrong. only share your experience.

I'm thinking of buying:

Wrangler: sport, sahara, rubicon, unlimited
Nissan: Patrol(2 door), Patrol(pickup)

anyone who try to respond or argew about other peoples comment will get :046:
cyanide

Just buy any car none is perfect and build it to your liking :thumbsup:

Oh just forgot.. my favorite off-road vehicle criteria would be a dirt cheap car and even disposable after few off road trips, shouldn't be modified by previous owner or if modified should be a person whom I can trust rest depends on luck, BTW i have a liking for Cherokees hope it helps.
delta83
Advance
Advance

hello Bro, feel sad to see that truck leaving,
i would go for a SWB patrol any time, i cant recall major bad experience with this 4x4 , few problem i get with it:
A/C water leaking in the cabin, easy fix by extending the drain hose
spark plug got jammed in the engine, poor previous owner service didn't replace it on time or at least each 40~60 Km
SWB is a truck type steering adjustment, so not much to adjust in camber and caster once you lift it
defiantly need a bash plate so you don't damage the bumper,

for the patrol pickup , i think it is better option than SWB if you dont need the extra space, it is same engine and i guess cheaper, (i have seen it performing in desert with AL Mazrooi)
good luck with the new car
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jeep it if you wanna have fun + power + better looking..but there will be technical issues from time to time..It will be on warranty but it will definitely bother u sometimes when u cant attend a trip.

Nissan SWB 4.8 is great..less power a bit than wrangler but longer in life and tbh you wont spend much money on accessories..I bough one in 2010 4.5 engine..the car in general is great

I have no experience with toyota
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

Armin..just ignore whatever i wrote and plz go for the nissan pickup..for the wood!
zeemmee

I bought my car used so it had gone through a decent amount of repair such as head gasket replacement & Stock radiator Full cleaning.Plus entire oils replaced & clutch, flywheel included.Which was done almost 18 months back. Alhamdulilah Since then have been to Punishing drives with no issues whatsoever.Before the repair I drove with Gasket leak in desert for 2 months, I cant imagine any other car being able withstand such punishment.Since mine is 4.5 manual, only issue I face is long climbs, which can be sorted by long run ups, but better solution is at hand,which I plan to implement soon - Stage 2 Camshaft (sounds expensive but it ain't). Of course such mods on 4.8 will make it invincible.

I have seen ur drives, I reckon that you like high powered climbs so u wont go wrong with Either of the 2 cars, only issue is reliability.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Sorry to know about ur truck:TT TT: bro. Armin, i would suggest two : Toyota and Toyota (just kidding) or Nissan.

I had A Manual Nissan SWB it was fun to drive and reliable but it's less power and it deteriorate fast ( get consumed).

Toyota in the other hand, it is powerful, fun to drive and lives longer, i bought my 2006 tundra as a second hand car, i push the car beyond its limits and you know how i drive but mashallah mashallah mashallah the car is in perfect condition i just take a very good care of it service wise speaking, i don't save up when it come to it service plus the car parts are not expensive at all comparing to the others.

Mabrook in advance for whatever you buy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ps: am the only trucker still standing :TT TT:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

As of my previous knowledge of your mechanical experience , and commitment to sending your truck to service ( which you never do on time ) I have only one suggestion , Never American , GO JAPANESE ...:killzonesmiley:
What goes around , comes around .
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

hello my good buddy armin

with how you drive ....... and if you do decide to get the wrangler jk ...... i would think ahead of you and suggest what initial modifications you need to do in order for the car to survive your driving techniques ......

Go for the wrangler unlimited 4 door (it drives like a truck because of its long wheelbase and the extra space will always be good)
Reinforce your front axle (2000aed - 3900aed depending on where you get it done)
Go for the manual gearbox

yallah go and enjoy

ive always seen you as a jeep guy anyways
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Abu Jimmy;32743]As of my previous knowledge of your mechanical experience , and commitment to sending your truck to service ( which you never do on time ) I have only one suggestion , Never American , GO JAPANESE ...:killzonesmiley:[/quote]

Great idea, I agree fully :like: