Track N Go a new off-roading idea for ice

CruZin
Intermediate
Intermediate

I thought of sharing this new system idea with you guys what do you think about it. if this interesting system could be developed to work on sand?

[video=youtube;XwpKjEa4LYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwpKjEa4LYY[/video]
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

The concept is really creative , however I have two things to say about it :

1- could be ideal for crossing wet " sabkhah " in LIWA but definitely I will not be doing any dunes cresting with this tech .

2- I really miss you, Brother ...:yarr:
What goes around , comes around .
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

Great concept
Oxana
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=CruZin;32068]I thought of sharing this new system idea with you guys what do you think about it. if this interesting system could be developed to work on sand? [/quote]
The perfect system for spending winter time in my country. :thumbsup:

During the last 2,5 months of having experience of driving on the sand, I figured out that the sand and snow techniques are pretty different. The main issue in the desert is a Gravity, since our biggest friend and enemy in the snow is a Sliding.

Most of the time we drive on the flat or semi flat ground covered with a soft snow on the top and firm snow/ice going down to the ground level. Therefore to drive heavy cars easier than light (we have an opposite of it in the desert :060:), high ground clearance can be really VERY high in order to get contact with more stable surface in the deep snow etc...

Coming back to "Can we adopt the system for the desert dune bashing?", I would say: even if the problem of the TrackNGo' own heaviness would be solved by replacing some heavy steel materials :032:; it still remain another problem. By dressing car in these "high-heeled shoes", the original center of its gravity will be lifted "very UP!", which means that the risk of roll-over on a slope of the dune will increase dramatically.

However I like the general concept!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is nothing new on this concept. Chain belt was introduced long time before, even in French movie "Taxi" from nineties it can be seen driving ski slopes and hunting crooks, mounted on salon Renault car.