Gnfd 2014

muaz

[quote=caprihorse;32030]Why do you all need leading, guiding, special treatment, etc?
It's just a fun drive, so have fun with your family or friends. If you don't feel confident, why you are buying the ticket?
Gulf News is providing enough Marshals to assist all punters.[/quote]
That's what I heard from last year almosters, we all know that gonna be fun, it will be so nice to drive along with almosters at least we can share our fun.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you want to meet some Marshals, try to get stuck wherever possible.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=musa hammoudeh;31996]Bu Salem
I think it is good idea to list our participating MRT phone numbers in case if any of our club members require any help during the event, what do you think?[/quote]

Sorry Musa .. I overlooked this post

as you know that we move like marathon and in different timings so if someone calls for help and he is behind then we will not be able to go back. On the other hand, if he is so far in front then he needs too long to wait So the best solution is to take assistance from the nearest MRT passes by him.

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Adnan
Advance
Advance

[quote=alshamsi_m;32047]Sorry Musa .. I overlooked this post

as you know that we move like marathon and in different timings so if someone calls for help and he is behind then we will not be able to go back. On the other hand, if he is so far in front then he needs too long to wait So the best solution is to take assistance from the nearest MRT passes by him.

Regards[/quote]

Exactly Bu Salem and all Almosters brothers, however, the ALMOSTER's Marshals will be in 2 groups, one of them moving bit early whereas the other group will be at the end of Marathon convoy, so there is a big chance to meet a cross and say hello.
See you then
zeemmee

[quote=caprihorse;32044]If you want to meet some Marshals, try to get stuck wherever possible.[/quote]

For Almost 4x4 trained Club members Gnfd will be, a walk in the park, let alone newbees, intermediates & advanced Drives:shout:
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

[quote=zeemmee;32077]For Almost 4x4 trained Club members Gnfd will be, a walk in the park, let alone newbees, intermediates & advanced Drives:shout:[/quote]

absolutely right
bijubs

Dear AlShamsi,
Thanks for your message unfortunately i could able to read today... even thugh i miss to see you on route and in night camping next day.. shall sure meet in next available trip .. with my new jeep wrangler which i am going to get in a couple of days..
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

This years GNFD was very disappointing, all gatch tracks, hardly any challenges, really sad.

I feel there should be a change of format for the route.

One option, the one for all armatures should be to follow the route charts and the co ordinates given.

The other option for advanced drivers should be to do a point to point drive, just plug in the co ords for the next checkpoint and go straight line. Unfortunately in most stages it was not possible due to the route going around various fences and other obstacles.

The above can be done but needs to be done at the route planning stage itself, hope it happens in the future