AT or MT Tires

Andre

I am going to upgrade my GC 2014 rim and tires, for tires should I go with AT or MT. Please advice.

I am currently on window shopping comparing prices with Branded and Not Branded but reliable off-road tires.

Thanks in advance.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Peace of advise ..... please refer to the link before spending your hard earned money

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... ad-vehicle

Pls be reminded that modifying our cars for desert use is a "purpose built" system wherein you cant really expect forums from the usa or uk to give you sound tips for modifying your car in our type of driving ...

Cheers
lizzy
Club Member
Club Member

AT are the best compromise between off and on road capabilities. You may find dissenters but an AT tyre not only works well in the dunes they also let you wadi bash and do mountain trails with a more robust tyre than one intended solely for roads; fewer chances of punctures.

MT tyres are way too aggressive for road driving and are inherently noisy and less comfortable on road. Unless you doing a load of rock crawling or 'mudding' steer clear of them.

If you're thinking of increasing the diameter size of what you fit, make sure you stay within 5% of your stock tyre diameter size in order to prevent over taxing your brakes and drive line ratios.
Andre

[quote]AT are the best compromise between off and on road capabilities. You may find dissenters but an AT tyre not only works well in the dunes they also let you wadi bash and do mountain trails with a more robust tyre than one intended solely for roads; fewer chances of punctures.
[/quote]

[quote]Pls be reminded that modifying our cars for desert use is a "purpose built" system wherein you cant really expect forums from the usa or uk to give you sound tips for modifying your car in our type of driving ...[/quote]

Thanks for the responses guys...appreciate a lot.
Andre

Hi there, is someone have had experience with this website (selling rims and tires) and could give some feedback if these rims prizes are reasonable? (the prizes are set of 4) - Thanks in Advance

http://www.wheelsrimsuae.com/rims/by-ve ... rokee.html
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Andre;31396]Hi there, is someone have had experience with this website (selling rims and tires) and could give some feedback if these rims prizes are reasonable? (the prizes are set of 4) - Thanks in Advance

http://www.wheelsrimsuae.com/rims/by-ve ... rokee.html[/quote]

Extremely overpriced , the first set of 16" GT wheel rims are for 1100 DH in Sharjah beside Sahara Mall .....:pissed off:
What goes around , comes around .
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gt wheels are 1300aed for 5pcs from JUBA after the sharjah university signal in bmw road

Believe me .... i have had 14pcs of them from my previous XJ and current 2 JK's

Best rims for the cost .... method rims are better but a bit more pricier
Andre

[quote=Abu Jimmy;31412]Extremely overpriced , the first set of 16" GT wheel rims are for 1100 DH in Sharjah beside Sahara Mall .....:pissed off:[/quote]

Thanks Abu Jimmy, It's close where I live. Will visit that shop.
Andre

[quote=strawb;31422]Gt wheels are 1300aed for 5pcs from JUBA after the sharjah university signal in bmw road

Believe me .... i have had 14pcs of them from my previous XJ and current 2 JK's

Best rims for the cost .... method rims are better but a bit more pricier[/quote]

Thanks Strawb, Will check that shop. Could I also ask if you can recommend me with best rim and tire combination for my GC? I'm off to Almost4x4 this week to get some advice as well.