what do you check on your car after a drive?

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

My question is this:
"After a great drive with your favourite club, what do you do to your car? "

This topic may already have been covered before, but for me the question came from a previous lack of knowledge of what goes on under the bonnet/hood!

Obvious things:
  1. Pump up your tyres, and turn off 4WD
  2. For me, remember to replace the airbag fuse
  3. If you've had a pop-out , go and get the sand taken out of the tyre
  4. Test the brakes work
Slightly more advanced stuff:
  1. Open the bonnet/hood
  2. Look inside!
  3. Clean the sand out of the air filter (yes I'm now good at doing this!)
  4. Check the coolant level in the radiator
  5. Check the oil level
  6. When having my car pressure-washed at the garage, they sprayed water into the chassis (through the holes) and several Kilos of sand came out! (Definitely worth doing occasionally to save weight)
You may like to share what you do? Eg go inside and watch TV, get the wife to clean it etc!
Maddie

I usually take the high pressure air hose at the carwash (I've dealing with for the last 11 years) and blow everything with it. The Radiator/AC grills, the Alternator, belts, all nooks and crevices, brake assemblies, side mirrors, EVERYTHING that's not airtight, first time around I couldn't believe the amount of dust that comes out. After the wash, when the engine and tires are cool, i recheck all fluid levels and refill the tires, they are usually a couple of psi low. Also, I drive it over the oil change pit and give it a thorough visual before it gets too hot to touch. As it is my Daily driver, I check the tranny, transfer case, differential fluids every oil change.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

i check if i have coins in the car so i can go ang get karak or icecream

:yaeh am not durnk:
Paul
Advance
Advance

Make sure all your passengers are in the car before you leave Al Badayer.......

Paul
muaz

take off the antenna and shutdown the radio then go back to normal.
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=pwood;29944]Make sure all your passengers are in the car before you leave Al Badayer.......

Paul[/quote]

[quote=strawb;29925]i check if i have coins in the car so i can go ang get karak or icecream

:yaeh am not durnk:[/quote]

LOL ..... so far the best replies.....as long as Tornado is still running I just drink something cool....:059: