LH to RH

vin_d

Is it possible to modify left hand drive Jeep Wrangler to right hand drive? Mine is 2006 Wrangler automatic.
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi

Everything is possible, but is it economically viable?

There is the new dashboard, steering and pedals.....and i have seen pictures of the engine bay on a RH drive and many things are swopped over.

I would say it would be much cheaper to sell your LH and buy a RH.

If you have upgrades, buy the RH first, 'rob' all the std parts and make your LH std.

Regards
Paul
admin

before few years i change tj 1998 from right hand drive to left hand drive & its the first swab't Jeep TJ in UAE

you need to swab all chase & differential mount except engine mount

steering box mount
swaybar mount
traction control mount
battery mount
computer mount
Windshield Wipers mount
+++

+ need some right hand drive part like a\c box + swab some of Wiring

NOTE : buy right hand jeep is better to swap
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Maddie

I think Vin is thinking to ship hsi Jeep out to Aussie or the UK maybe?? You'd better check if it would be registerable there? Economically it maybe feasible provided the shipping ain't a back breaker. Like Paul said, if your is Modded heavily, buy a RHD, swap what you can from one rig to the other and the LHD would still fetch ya a good price standard
vin_d

Thank you very much for your inputs. Probably I should go for a RHD.
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=vin_d;25230]Thank you very much for your inputs. Probably I should go for a RHD.[/quote]

You can usually pick up RHD jeeps in the US used for a good price. They were made on contract for the US Postal Service so after 2 yrs the sell them off to the rural mail carriers.

But you always have to be careful to import older or modified cars into different countries. You not 100% sure it will pass certification/registration. In all it might be cheaper just to buy one there.