The New Cherokee

Humanfaith

has any one commented on this?

http://news.yahoo.com/jeep-takes-radica ... 10044.html

Chrysler insists that the new Cherokee can capably tackle rough terrain. It has more low-gear power for towing and climbing steep grades than the 2001 Cherokee. At 184 horsepower, the base, four-cylinder engine is slightly less powerful than the 2001 Cherokee's base V6, but it's much more efficient. The new Cherokee also offers a 271-horsepower V6. The new Cherokee can tow up to 4,500 pounds, which is more than any other vehicle its size but about 500 pounds less than the 2001 version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Very nice FIAT .......:036::036::036:

"It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen on the road and to put a Jeep badge on it, let alone call it a Cherokee, is an insult to the name and heritage that Jeep has always delivered......
What goes around , comes around .
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Abu Jimmy;24490]Very nice FIAT .......:036::036::036:

"It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen on the road and to put a Jeep badge on it, let alone call it a Cherokee, is an insult to the name and heritage that Jeep has always delivered......[/quote]

I respect your opinion fully and we all have the right to say what we think, when any manufacturer is putting on the market something, which is abusing the history of the previous most successful models ever, e.g. Cherokee, Pathfinder, Prado or Land Cruiser
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Humanfaith;24489]....Chrysler insists that the new Cherokee ...[/quote]

I would rather say that Fiat insists, that Chrysler expresses that the new Cherokee ...
nasirdub
Intermediate
Intermediate

I like these two comments in that Article...

"This reminds me of hollywood starlets after plastic surgery. They always look better before"

"
Just leave our Wranglers ALONE!"

I agree with Caprihorse, why cant the just make the old Prado and old Landcruisers?
zeemmee

Damn !!! Hard to believe they did that !!, they are all going " Juke" style:035:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

because i like the liberty

i love the new cherokee :011::011:

everybody can hate on me now

im still not letting go of my old XJ though
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

Like all car manufacturers, their aim is to make cars that sell on the road.. since there are more buyers that way. Maybe this model has more horese power.. but even today, a BMW740 has a lot of power, but no one will take it off-road..
I think that when chrysler made the liberty, they completely shut out the cherokee line away from serious off-roading, and they are leaving that for the Wrangler.

Which only means that in another 20 years, my Cherokee will become a collector item... however what can of collector would it be I can't imagine :stupid:
Humanfaith

[quote=Desert Lizard;24508]Which only means that in another 20 years, my Cherokee will become a collector item... however what can of collector would it be I can't imagine :stupid:[/quote]

according to what is happening, after 20 years there will be no off road cars. :015:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Humanfaith;24509]according to what is happening, after 20 years there will be no off road cars. :015:[/quote]

as long as there is the sharjah industrial area, then my cherokee XJ will survive and exist

:011: