Extra Curricular Activities

Mubz

Hi Almosters,

Since I've moved to Dubai which is about 8 Months now, I've realised something that extra curricular activities like ( gym, squash, tennis, badminton and list goes on and on) are next to zero. and I don't come across many people who are into such activities.

I'm registered on may Expat forums as well and trying to find people to be engaged in such activities to keep my busy and healthy but so far my success rate is 0. maybe I am looking at wrong place or trying to do something wrong. so I thought to share my thoughts with my 2nd family, I am pretty sure we have people here who are good at other things than just driving in sand.

What I am suggesting here is that we should take the initiative and engage our selves into some sort of games or activities that will keep us in good health and in good shape, we can share our expertise / skills in games and maybe we can find a people with similar interests and arrange such activities.

or maybe we can arrange a 30 min games time after the regular friday drive i know it will be exhaustive but it will be fun too m open for ideas and suggestions

I'll start with myself
I am good at tennis, table tennis, football, cricket
want to learn
squash, baseball, basketball net ball, volley ball and to be honest I am up for any game.

so if you guys play or want to play any of these games let me know and we can come to an arrangement m sure it will be fun.

or if you can suggest any place for me to play these games let me know I am ready to explore :)

Thanks
Humanfaith

Very interesting

There is a place for playing football "indoors" in Al qouze area "i think" it is called Ahdaaf and if you can checkout the terms to reserve time to play then we can team up for weekly games. :eagerness:. also i am in for basketball if any arrangements outthere
Melfi
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have you tried MeetUp? Check out, for example, http://www.meetup.com/dubaisports/

Also, if you go to Jumeira beach, there are people playing volleyball every Tuesday at 7 or 8pm... I have a friend who plays football near the Marina area, I think. I could ask him where he plays, if you want to join there.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi Mubz!
There are many sport clubs in Dubai . e.g. Dubai Tennis academy( http://www.dubaitennisacademy.com/ ), Al Nasr LeisureLand ( http://www.alnasrll.com/ ) and many more.
Mubz

[quote=Melfi;23831]I have a friend who plays football near the Marina area, I think. I could ask him where he plays, if you want to join there.[/quote]

That would be great
FSL

check www.duplays.com, i guess the best way to get involved.
delta83
Advance
Advance

hello Mubz

i see your location discovery gardens, we play basketball around 3 times a week in st 10 ;) , if u like to join just show up in the court

plus there is lot of gyms in discovery gardens entrance :D