request

Maddie

Can anyone please show me how to post a new thred. Fixin up my jeep. Donno where I can get Offroad equipment at good prices like towstraps, jerrycans, spotlights, flagpole etc... Tanks a tonne
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=MaddieTJ;23736]Can anyone please show me how to post a new thred. Fixin up my jeep. Donno where I can get Offroad equipment at good prices like towstraps, jerrycans, spotlights, flagpole etc... Tanks a tonne[/quote]

You don't have to open a new thread for this, just search on the top right and you might find most of your answers.

Just FYI, To open a new thread in the forum page click on a topic where you want to post a new thread and on the top left you will find a "+Post New Thread"
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

Dear Maddie,

You can go to AEV in shikh Zayed road Call +971-4-3307152 www.aev.ae
or Rami trading Call +971 4 2698138 www.ramy4x4.com,

good luck :045:
ekkajay

MaddieTJ,

Please check through club website and you will find a lot of information on where to get the kit such as flag pole, radios etc.

For towstraps, please once again check website, through the club you can get Viking ropes which is strongly recommended.
Maddie

Thanx everyone.
I'd really love to know what equipment would I need for basic offroading.
I love mountains and dunes, learnt to drive in a 109 Landie.

I reckon I'd need shackles, towstrap, a spade, basic tools and a torch.
Are those compressors in Carrefour any good?

Thanks again
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=MaddieTJ;23750]Thanx everyone.
I'd really love to know what equipment would I need for basic offroading.
I love mountains and dunes, learnt to drive in a 109 Landie.

I reckon I'd need shackles, towstrap, a spade, basic tools and a torch.
Are those compressors in Carrefour any good?

Thanks again[/quote]

Hello Maddie, at the moment what you need for the desert is your vehicle, petrol, water and goodmood. Don't start to spend the money on unnecessary gadgets and forget Carrefour. On your first trip with us we'll explain you whatever you need or in between search the Forum for all your questions, using magical Search Field on the top right side.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=BADER BARGHOUTHI;23740]Dear Maddie,

You can go to AEV in shikh Zayed road Call +971-4-3307152 www.aev.ae
or Rami trading Call +971 4 2698138 www.ramy4x4.com,

good luck :045:[/quote]

... and they will rip off all your money, trying to sell you unnecessary things, as they will see that you have no idea :038:
Maddie

[quote=caprihorse;23758]... and they will rip off all your money, trying to sell. you unnecessary things, as they will see that you have no idea :038:[/quote]

You are abcolutely right Marshal. I popped in Ramy for shock Absorber Bushings, got a set of rancho bushings which were very OK.

The salesman was a helpful chap who suggested Petrol and Oil treatment products, which I 'reckoned' I need coz no saying which petrol the previous owner used or when it was serviced.

Instead of buying those wonder additives , I should have called HIM.

115 dirhams of per change/per fillup bottles (I sincerely had no idea when I bought them), the saleman should've suggested a Pressure Gauge????

Thanx Marshal for looking out for us, i'll simply buy a Jerrycan and a spade till my first drive.

I already have a cooler which Ill fill with Ice and Masafi and Juice and hop on the ALMOST4X4 wagon and tthen see. ... God Bless you Marshal and everyone on this forum and their folks
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=MaddieTJ;23919]You are abcolutely right Marshal. I popped in Ramy for shock Absorber Bushings, got a set of rancho bushings which were very OK.

The salesman was a helpful chap who suggested Petrol and Oil treatment products, which I 'reckoned' I need coz no saying which petrol the previous owner used or when it was serviced.

Instead of buying those wonder additives , I should have called HIM.

115 dirhams of per change/per fillup bottles (I sincerely had no idea when I bought them), the saleman should've suggested a Pressure Gauge????

Thanx Marshal for looking out for us, i'll simply buy a Jerrycan and a spade till my first drive.

I already have a cooler which Ill fill with Ice and Masafi and Juice and hop on the ALMOST4X4 wagon and tthen see. ... God Bless you Marshal and everyone on this forum and their folks[/quote]
Regarding cooler, did you read this? - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... Water-Cold
Maddie

Point noted, will do so