Slovakia

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Many times I hear the question about my origin country, so to avoid any speculations that Slovakia belongs to Russia, Yugoslavia, Eastern Europe, America or Australia…, I’m bringing here a brief overview.

The Slovak Republic (short form: Slovakia, long form Slovenská republika) is a landlocked state in Central Europe. It has a population of over five million and an area of about 49,000 square kilometres.

The Slavs arrived in the territory of present-day Slovakia in the 5th and 6th centuries during the migration period. In the course of history, various parts of today's Slovakia belonged to Samo's Empire (the first known political unit of Slavs [623-658 AD]), Principality of Nitra (as independent polity, as part of Great Moravia [830–896 AD), Great Moravia, Kingdom of Hungary [1000-1867 AD and 1920-1946 AD], the Austro-Hungarian Empire [1867-1918 AD] or Habsburg Empire, and Czechoslovakia [1918-1992 AD].

A separate Slovak state briefly existed during World War II, during which Slovakia was a dependency of Germany between 1939 and 1944. From 1945 Slovakia once again became a part of Czechoslovakia. The present-day Slovakia became an independent state on 1 January 1993 after the peaceful dissolution of Czechoslovakia.

Slovakia is a high-income advanced economy with one of the fastest growth rates in the European Union and the OECD. The country joined the European Union in 2004 and the Eurozone on 1 January 2009. Slovakia together with Slovenia and Estonia are the only former Communist nations to be part of the European Union, Eurozone, Schengen Area and NATO simultaneously.

Capital is Bratislava.

[IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/slovakia.jpg[/IMG]
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

That is why you speak German......hmmmmmmmmmm :051:. But i have a question? you don’t have sand or deserts in Slovakia how come your one of the biggest sand lovers and activist????
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sarookh;22604]That is why you speak German......hmmmmmmmmmm :051:. But i have a question? you don’t have sand or deserts in Slovakia how come your one of the biggest sand lovers and activist???? [/quote]

We don't have sand desert, just mountains, rivers, waterfalls and lakes. There is off-roading also, but it did grove up just in the recent years. Mostly they are driving Patrol 2.8 Diesel in the forest, in allowed areas and knocking the cars at the trees...

We have lots of opportunities for skiing in winter time, my other favourite hobby, which is also producing lots of adrenaline, very close to sand driving. In skiing, there is no need for huge mods (probably it won't be so interesting for mods fans), only it is needed to have some cash for daily ski pass, as walking up the hill with ski on your shoulder demands to have completely fit suspension and air intake and is a very lengthy climbing process, 2 hours up, 20 seconds down...
fida
Advance
Advance

[quote=Sarookh;22604]That is why you speak German......hmmmmmmmmmm :051:. But i have a question? you don’t have sand or deserts in Slovakia how come your one of the biggest sand lovers and activist???? [/quote]

Good Question.
Sam

My cousins and my uncle, have the Slovak nationality, now coz of the situation back home in Syria they all moved their, as their mother is Slovakian :D
ace84

i have been to slovakia many times i love the country. My uncle and his family live in bratislava, will be going there soon maybe in july. :):):):)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sam;22609]My cousins and my uncle, have the Slovak nationality, now coz of the situation back home in Syria they all moved their, as their mother is Slovakian :D[/quote]

Uff, really??? how the world is small... :060:
walihali

I thought you are from Belarusia. Now I can see why I have never seen you doing salt fishing :)
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

Never been there, even if not too far from Switzerland, btw I have very good memories about one of my favorite sports, ice hockey, still remember Holecek and Dzurilla, Hilinka, Nedomansky and Stastny.....my God, what a players!!!!
At that time Ceska Repulika
and Slovenska Repblika where one country.......long time and another history

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=walihali;22628]I thought you are from Belarusia. Now I can see why I have never seen you doing salt fishing :)[/quote]

What do you mean? In Belarus they also don't have sea...