Speed Radars on Sharjah - Kalba (Maliha) Road

mathbin

We all by now know that there are a number of new speed radars installed on this road.

Since this road is officialy marked as 120Km/h, like most of us i thought it would be safe to travel at 135km/h.

i have passed several radars without any problem at this speed until i got a flash at one of the radar near to Khatem (the power lines exit).

I am sure i was in the range of 130-135 Km/h speed and it was confirmed when i got the ticket of exceeding 10Km/h above the limit.

May be this is because of a poorly calibrated radar......... Just keep a watch on ur speedometer when u are on this road.... u probably would pass several radars without any issue but there may be a few which are not calibrated properly and could flash on you....
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=mathbin;18992]We all by now know that there are a number of new speed radars installed on this road.

Since this road is officialy marked as 120Km/h, like most of us i thought it would be safe to travel at 135km/h.

i have passed several radars without any problem at this speed until i got a flash at one of the radar near to Khatem (the power lines exit).

I am sure i was in the range of 130-135 Km/h speed and it was confirmed when i got the ticket of exceeding 10Km/h above the limit.

May be this is because of a poorly calibrated radar......... Just keep a watch on ur speedometer when u are on this road.... u probably would pass several radars without any issue but there may be a few which are not calibrated properly and could flash on you....[/quote]

This road is marked as 100 km/h...
mathbin

[quote=caprihorse;18993]This road is marked as 100 km/h...[/quote]

No Capri... this road is 120Km/h. If it is 100km/h i should get a ticket for exceeding 20km/h above speed limit for travelling above 120..
and more over i have not flashed by any ather radars on that road when cruising..
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=mathbin;18995]No Capri... this road is 120Km/h. If it is 100km/h i should get a ticket for exceeding 20km/h above speed limit for travelling above 120..
and more over i have not flashed by any ather radars on that road when cruising..[/quote]

Maybe it is for 120 km/h, I don't remember exactly, but generally not all radars are activated, by purpose, to catch innocent drivers... Additionally the official UAE police websites are stating the tickets for exceeding 10 km/h, which is the case mostly for mobile radars.
FSL

There is a new radar installed on road in front of sahara centre, the road which leads to BMW road.
Just so you know :028:
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=mathbin;18992]We all by now know that there are a number of new speed radars installed on this road.

May be this is because of a poorly calibrated radar......... Just keep a watch on ur speedometer when u are on this road.... u probably would pass several radars without any issue but there may be a few which are not calibrated properly and could flash on you....[/quote]

I think that same road has different speed limits. If you are sure of not crossing the street limit, then i have one question: are you having bigger tires then the standard car tires???