CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hope we do a almost trip some time!!!

http://youtu.be/VUTi0WRK3jg

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

With the popularity Almost4x4 is gaining and the size to which it is grown, i hope we can take it international!!!

Marshals, Think about it!! The thought of going there with my off raod family itself makes me very excited!!

I was supposed to join a group of friends couple of years back, But somehow missed it in the last moment. They have a Facebook Group...There is quite a lot of information there. I have been through the planning for this expedition, so if any questions about the expedition, we can get from some of these guys who have been there more than 2 times....

I will be doing this some time soon and will for sure put up a Almost Flag there!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/177824562274931/
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

I've been to Rohtang Pass 3 years back... and HOLY GOD that drive was freaking scary..... :013::036::010: ... i can only imagine Khardung Pass...
zeemmee

WOW !!! Amit that's excellent, have seen many a documentaries, & would love to go there some time.Please do share your plans & trip report, Have a safe trip.
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=zeemmee;18739]Please do share your plans & trip report, Have a safe trip.[/quote]

It is a expedition that many Car and Bike enthusiasts dream of and have conquered ....I do hope to do it some day but I really hope it generates enough interest with our beloved Almost family members and The marshals decide to plan a trip!!!

Going there with almost will take the thrill to different level altogether....
sanbloody

One of my colleague with his friends did it in 2010 on Bikes, i have seen the pics and its simply breath taking. When are you planning to go?
Rahulmanan2

I also went there in year 2002 by my loving Royal Enfield from Manali to Leh, then again in year 2006 by Toyota and again in year 2008 by road from Indore MP to Leh via Manali by Ford Fiesta with my three months old kid, its really one of the amazing drives.

"K Top" and there is one lake i.e 230 Kms from Leh which is half in India and half in China and best part is salty water in such hight.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

LOL...Rohtang was a breeze...did it in 2010 in a rented Corolla !

Now the most challenging drive fro me would be the Karakoram Highway
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

ON TOP OF THE WORLD..... Literally!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1123[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

It looks like that this pass is one of the highest, but not the highest, read more here - http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/highestpass.html