The future of tires....

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=CAMEL;15265][/quote]

Question: How can these tires be deflated :032: because if they won’t than it’s no use for us as desert drivers :022:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Sarookh;15274]Question: How can these tires be deflated :032: because if they won’t than it’s no use for us as desert drivers :022:[/quote]

Both BRIDGESTONE and MICHELIN are working on these kind of tires....maybe they will have different honeycomb patterns for different pressures....But i guess if they every come out, NO POP OUTS!!!!
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=CAMEL;15275]Both BRIDGESTONE and MICHELIN are working on these kind of tires....maybe they will have different honeycomb patterns for different pressures....But i guess if they every come out, NO POP OUTS!!!![/quote]

Agree with the NO POP OUTS!!!! :027:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

These tires are originally for military vehicles. The military needs tires that don't get damaged easily when they take them over rubble and rough terrain to ensure the vehicle is operational in adverse conditions. They are also low maintenance and don;t need to be filled with air. They also won;t be affected by temperature since there is no air inside them. However, as they are, they will not work in sand or mud, unless they are sealed to stop sand or mud getting through them.. but certainly no Pop-outs or punctures or damaged valves..

I suppose they remain flat constantly, and that alone makes their surface area better than the standard inflatable tire width wise. However, the most increase from surface area we get when we deflate comes from the extra length of tire that comes in contact with the ground. Maybe usning a softer material for the webbing inside the tire will achieve this, but then when you get back on tarmac driveability may become an issue.

Looks wise, prepare to loose those cool alloy wheels,,

just my 2c
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Sarookh;15276]Agree with the NO POP OUTS!!!! :027:[/quote]
It looks good for rock climbing and hill terrain but I don't think that it will be good on Sand.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

No more flat tyres , no more deflating , no more inflating , no more pop out , no more Marshals , HURRAY..:011:
What goes around , comes around .
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

Will be interesting to see them at 120km/h on the highway...

Paul
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

An Update of the development!!!

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Actually, I sent them email, to test their tyres in real desert sand conditions (we want to make some money) and really I received the answer, that they are not interestes into commercial market...