How a destroyed differential looks like

Sarookh
Advance
Advance

The below will show you, how a destroyed differential looks from the inside, but first do we know what's a differential?

As definition : A differential is a device, usually, but not necessarily, employing gears, which is connected to the outside world by three shafts, through which it transmits torque and rotation. Please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differenti ... cal_device) if you wish to understand further how it works or watch the following self explanatory video for the same http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAw79386WI

Now Check out the pictures;

Normal DIFFERANTIAL PARTS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]954[/ATTACH]

The destroyed DIFFERANTIAL PARTS

[ATTACH=CONFIG]955[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]956[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]957[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]958[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]961[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]962[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]963[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]964[/ATTACH]

My advice to you all as desert addicts, make sure you do a continuous services to both of your differentials Front and Rear and also your Transfer Case (A transfer case is a part of a four-wheel-drive system.The transfer case receives power from the transmission and sends it to both the front and rear axles, in simpler words it's the box which engage your four wheel drive-see below picture)

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/NP231PTmSOTF.jpg/220px-NP231PTmSOTF.jpg[/IMG]

The more you go offroading the more care and service are needed to avoid huge spending on repairs:027:.

PS: The above total destroyed differential is my own.........:059:
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Ouch! Thanks for sharing!
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

So was this done by aggressive driving? and does it matter if the vehicle is auto or manual?
Gorgin4325

I remember that nasty day! We only covered 700 meters of desert driving in 3 hours!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=BettyPo;14894]Ouch! Thanks for sharing![/quote]

My OUCH...ahhhh i mean my pleasure :015:
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=Big Red;14895]So was this done by aggressive driving? and does it matter if the vehicle is auto or manual?[/quote]

Was it done by aggressive driving only...no it was a mixture of aggressivety, carelessness and bad luck. as for the auto or manual i think it doesn't, as my car is auto and i still manage to brake it. what you can do best, is to make sure you service your car and take good car of it and that could avoid you disasters.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

[quote=Gorgin4325;14896]I remember that nasty day! We only covered 700 meters of desert driving in 3 hours!!!

Thanks for sharing.[/quote]

It was even less than 700 meters for some :036: but as we saw back home what doesn't kill you make you stronger :027: