Car's Fuel Tank

Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

Dear All

I have received the following information by email and thought it's important to share it with you!

The Ministry of Defense has advised all car owners in the UAE not to fill their cars' tanks to the full level because for the next few weeks the temperature willreach up to 53-54 degrees and thus can cause the tank to burst. Please pass this message on as all of us here are used to filling our car tanks full

Cheers!
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Car fuel tanks have a pressure relief system specifically designed to control the pressure inside !
Gorgin4325

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;12070]Car fuel tanks have a pressure relief system specifically designed to control the pressure inside ![/quote]

Even Jeeps?? :011: lol
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Ya so nobody is gonna blow up sometime soon on the roads when it gets hot enough to fry an egg on SZR !
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I heard this b****t announcement today already and I refused it to post it, but apparently the originator found a victim, sorry for you Basha.

All those who developed this post originally might think, that car designers never heard about countries reaching temperatures like UAE? What about Gobi, Namibia, Nevada, Karachi and other similarly hot places? Do they think that people are just stupid? Or they want to be somehow interesting?
The ignition temperature of petrol is about 232 degC. Even according to elementary school isothermal laws, the tank in a standard car can never reach such a pressure, to self ignite, and as Wasif said all tanks in car have pressure relief system...

For all those, who want to know a bit more (and maybe for the initiator of this thread (not you Basha)), pls read this to understand more - http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/Sha ... pher.shtml
FSL

So the official statement is in the news:

Heated gasoline in cars safe at desert temperatures
Unfounded emails warning that gas tanks will explode in heat wave not true, says Civil Defence

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/heate ... -1.1034171
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

MB should be happy now :011:
Mukhallalati Basha
Advance
Advance

LOL, oh yeah, never happier than before :D
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Mukhallalati Basha;12362]LOL, oh yeah, never happier than before :D[/quote]

No, No, You are always happier than before whenever I see and meet you are smiling :021:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;12360]So the official statement is in the news:

Heated gasoline in cars safe at desert temperatures
Unfounded emails warning that gas tanks will explode in heat wave not true, says Civil Defence

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/heate ... -1.1034171[/quote]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]767[/ATTACH]
GN must be reading my post about this subject before writing the article :011:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.