New offroad book

Gorgin4325

Hi guys,

There is a new off-road book + CD titled Off-road Adventure by Mike Nott that covers a lot of subjects as they relate to desert driving in the UAE, with lots of images and 18 routes for AED 99

Its nice to have, but if you've driven with Almost4x4 at least once, don't expect to learn anything new from the book. It is basically everything that the founders and marshals have already thaught us, all condensed in one book.

Here is the cover:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]653[/ATTACH]

Cheers,
George
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Gorgin4325;10411]Hi guys,

There is a new offroad book + CD titled Off-road Adventure by Mike Nott that covers a lot of subjects as they relate to desert driving in the UAE, with lots of images and 18 routes for AED 99

Its nice to have, but if you've driven with Almost4x4 atleast once, don't expect to learn anything new from the book. It is basically everything that the founders and marshals have already thaught us, all condenced in one book.

Here is the cover:

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/webkit-fake ... /imagejpeg[/IMG]

Cheers,
George[/quote]
Something went wrong... where we can find the book?
Gorgin4325

I picked up my copy from Adventure HQ in Times Square in Dubai.
Jeff

A friend gave me a copy. It has some interesting routes not included in the Explorer guides, including some wadi runs.
lizzy
Club Member
Club Member

We have explorer book. Is it good to have this one. Are routes different. Thankyou
Maddie

I am really looking forward to go on a Newbie run with you guys.
Ain't much of a Manual/books guy, hope to learn from fellow ALMOSTERs.
Getting myself a shovel, tow strap and shackles soon.
Also, a jerrycan coz my TJ is guzzling too much, barely 250 kms per tank, maybe my pedalfoot is too heavy :(
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=MaddieTJ;23905]I am really looking forward to go on a Newbie run with you guys.
Ain't much of a Manual/books guy, hope to learn from fellow ALMOSTERs.
Getting myself a shovel, tow strap and shackles soon.
Also, a jerrycan coz my TJ is guzzling too much, barely 250 kms per tank, maybe my pedalfoot is too heavy :([/quote]Be careful what you're buying, I suggest you to study our Forum, before spending the money.
Maddie

[quote=caprihorse;23912]Be careful what you're buying, I suggest you to study our Forum, before spending the money.[/quote]

Thanks Marshal, I found the tips here very informative and useful.
I really wanted that Viking rope :( but I think I'll get a Rated tow-strap from ACE or some 25 mm Manila rope from shipping supplies, what do you say Marshal?
The shackles I'll pick em up from Sedana in Sharjah, I want to buy a tool set from them.
A fellow almoster suggested a Metal jerrycan from YELLOWHAT.

Thanks once again for any suggestions...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=MaddieTJ;23913]Thanks Marshal, I found the tips here very informative and useful.
I really wanted that Viking rope :( but I think I'll get a Rated tow-strap from ACE or some 25 mm Manila rope from shipping supplies, what do you say Marshal?
The shackles I'll pick em up from Sedana in Sharjah, I want to buy a tool set from them.
A fellow almoster suggested a Metal jerrycan from YELLOWHAT.

Thanks once again for any suggestions...[/quote]

Definitely not tow-strap, so called rated, Viking is the recommended solution, I can promise you, that I will never tie your strap rope to my car. Metal jerry can is better as plastic, they don't smell. Shackles - SS316, the highest rated. Did you see some videos on our YouTube Channel for demonstrating Viking power?
Maddie

Where can I get Viking Marshal? Abu Salem said no more ropes ONLY :(