Theo's Inquiry

Theo

[quote=Desert Lizard;7143]Please don't attempt doing the proceudre described in the second link.. There is more to off-roading than disabling traction control and stability control. The Pajero is a great car, I have one myself, but there are other matters that need to be considered:
1- The 3.0L engine does not provide the torque needed in the desert, which means a great great level of skill is required to compensate
2- Tiptronic gear is too smart, it will shift to the higher gear when RPM hits a threshold which requires constant playing with the throttle to avoid this happening
3- The car's front and rear bumper (and what ever it is attached to) and the wheel arch are really low, they will get hit and damaged easily (youve seen that)
4- The car's ground clearance is low by SUV standards so a lift kit is needed, which is very expensive and rare to find here.
5- Repairing any damage will cost a fortune.
6- Making a change in the electrical system (to disable ASC, ABS etc) is very risky and the agency here won't do it. Do it outside and the car is done for.

Just my two cents..[/quote]

Point 3 is what I already faced twice I think.

After coming back from sand onto tarmac I hear some scraping in front wheel especially when parking and I find wheel well clamps missing or damaged and the well flying half free. Is there any remedy to that? The gap between wheel and the well is very small particularly in horizontal to the front and is affected when jumping on dunes. What's your opinion on that?

Thanks
Theo
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Theo

please check with this member http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/member.php?1864-strawb
he might give you more info

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=alshamsi_m;9671]Hello Theo

please check with this member http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/member.php?1864-strawb

Regards[/quote]
Or change Pajero for Nissan :032:
Theo

[quote=alshamsi_m;9671]Hello Theo

Regards[/quote]

Thank you Al Shamsi, I will get in touch with him.

Theo
Theo

[quote=caprihorse;9678]Or change Pajero for Nissan :032:[/quote]

That is some idea Capri :) and I will consider that next time when changing car but for the moment I plan to adapt myself and my Pajero if required to be easy going desert friendly vehicle ;)
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Theo;9681]That is some idea Capri :) and I will consider that next time when changing car but for the moment I plan to adapt myself and my Pajero if required to be easy going desert friendly vehicle ;)[/quote]
Theo, read also this - http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... eed-advise!!

BTW, this is not a right thread to discuss technical details. If you have some questions, search the forum for the answers and if you don't find any, open the thread, where it belongs and ask your questions.
musa hammoudeh
Advance
Advance

[quote=caprihorse;9678]Or change Pajero for Nissan :032:[/quote]

why Nissan?? wrangler will do the purpose
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=musa hammoudeh;9687]why Nissan?? wrangler will do the purpose[/quote]
Hehe, you are very new to our Forum, so I will just answer very politely, not to open any new war between Jals and Peeps, like it was in the past.

[CENTER]Wrangler is a Shoe Box, branded historically as PEEP and currently owned by FIAT, so very close to be converted soon to Panda 4x4 and getting a new name Prangler/FEEP.

:051:
[/CENTER]
mtalel

hehehe

you want to start the war capri???????
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=caprihorse;9691]Hehe, you are very new to our Forum, so I will just answer very politely, not to open any new war between Jals and Peeps, like it was in the past.

[CENTER]Wrangler is a Shoe Box, branded historically as PEEP and currently owned by FIAT, so very close to be converted soon to Panda 4x4 and getting a new name Prangler/FEEP.

:051:
[/CENTER]
[/quote]

Lol.... Capri will lay the bait first "Or change Pajero for Nissan :032:"
then wait for someone to bite it "why Nissan?? wrangler will do the purpose"
So he can launch his attack, as quoted above in big red letters

I will translate what the first line from Capri means:011::tiger::

Hehe = Very Good, we will have fun
you are very new to our Forum = very good again, you have not been in any of the previous battles, so you don't know what's coming.
I will answer very politely = I will answer in an environment friendly manner, where no trees are cut down to make papers
not to open new war between Jals and Peeps = With the only purpose of opening the war between Jals and Peeps
like it was in the past = Which I (Capri) have always been the winner