Sharjah gets tough on noisy vehicles الشارقة: مصادرة فورية لـ "مركبات ال

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;12344]Roof rack is fine but the light on it may get you in trouble as the wiring will be questioned. The dont want any shady wiring on cars as it is the result of more than 95% of car fires in the UAE.[/quote]

thats what i was worried about
FSL

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;12344]Roof rack is fine but the light on it may get you in trouble as the wiring will be questioned. The dont want any shady wiring on cars as it is the result of more than 95% of car fires in the UAE.[/quote]

well my question is, who will determine if the wiring is done properly or not??
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

[quote=FSL;12353]well my question is, who will determine if the wiring is done properly or not??[/quote]

Any wiring that not factory installed is suspect. In the high temprature scenario we live in even if you cut and splice a wire well and cover it with insulation take it is still a hazard.

Now if you are using proper relays and insulated connectors then the story could abe a bit different but most of the jobs done with respect to wiring accessories into the stock harness here in the UAE are cut and shut jobs hense the risks
FSL

[quote=Wasif Ahmed;12358]Any wiring that not factory installed is suspect. In the high temprature scenario we live in even if you cut and splice a wire well and cover it with insulation take it is still a hazard.

Now if you are using proper relays and insulated connectors then the story could abe a bit different but most of the jobs done with respect to wiring accessories into the stock harness here in the UAE are cut and shut jobs hense the risks[/quote]
so you're suggesting any car that paid visit to electrician can come under the hammer :boxing: :011:

All i'm saying is the statements released in media regarding modifications/upgrades are very vague and hence confusing. These things need to be defined well enough so the car enthusiasts can do the mods within the limits defined by the law.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Its all going to boil down to who stops you and what kind of a mood he is in at that time ! May God help us all and see that we are not unduly harassed.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;12359]so you're suggesting any car that paid visit to electrician can come under the hammer :boxing: :011:

All i'm saying is the statements released in media regarding modifications/upgrades are very vague and hence confusing. These things need to be defined well enough so the car enthusiasts can do the mods within the limits defined by the law.[/quote]
Only once I saw an electrician for cars (after a long search and research), and at the end end he adjusted many wiring based on my free consultancy :051: