Land Cruiser modification

FSL

[quote=caprihorse;8136]The equation for lifting is very simple: "As lower the level of driving skills, divided by experience, equals lifted height"

To verify such modification you have 3 options:
  1. Drive into the parking lot of any shopping mall in UAE and if you hear strange metallic noise from the top, your lifting modification was right
  2. Drive up some sharp edge and if you get stuck still, you might be thinking about Return on Investment
  3. Drive to the top of edge of some small dune, to show up for your friends your amazingly looking lifting, and then gently and nicely roll your vehicle sideways down the dune in amazing turns. After that show to your buddies that you are still unhurt and you can do it again. And don't forget to accept polite comments (aka shit happens), return back to off-roading and lift your car even higher.
[/quote]

I swear i'll never discuss lift kits on the forum again :011::011::011::045:
hahahaaaaaa...
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;8139]I swear i'll never discuss lift kits on the forum again :011::011::011::045:
hahahaaaaaa...[/quote]
-----------------------
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513[/ATTACH]

You got it my friend; and I hope I will never be forced to write the answers to Newbies regarding their requests about modifications to their cars at the moment, when their cars are more advanced as the drivers, to ensure their safety.

To all new proud owners of their new off-road vehicle the message is:

[CENTER]Learn you car,
stay calm,
don't damage it at your first drive,
don't think that off-roading is piece of cake,
don't try to impress your lovers
and
mainly

DO NOT MODIFY IT AT THIS STAGE.

[/CENTER]
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

[quote=caprihorse;8136]"Drive into the parking lot of any shopping mall in UAE and if you hear strange metallic noise from the top, your lifting modification was right[/quote]

RIP - light bar with 4 new KC Lights.

Festival City Underground Parking 1 - YJ with 4" lift kit and 33" tires (with KC lights sticking up 10" higher then hardtop) 0
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;8139]I swear i'll never discuss lift kits on the forum again :011::011::011::045:
hahahaaaaaa...[/quote]

totally agree on that!!!! capri will torture you when it comes to these topics

should i delete that to lift or not to lift thread? hahahaha :011:
FSL

[quote=strawb;8145]totally agree on that!!!! capri will torture you when it comes to these topics

should i delete that to lift or not to lift thread? hahahaha :011:[/quote]

Let it be there buddy, i guess capri did commented on your thread as well :P
FSL

[quote=caprihorse;8142]-----------------------
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513[/ATTACH]

You got it my friend; and I hope I will never be forced to write the answers to Newbies regarding their requests about modifications to their cars at the moment, when their cars are more advanced as the drivers, to ensure their safety.

To all new proud owners of their new off-road vehicle the message is:

[CENTER]Learn you car,
stay calm,
don't damage it at your first drive,
don't think that off-roading is piece of cake,
don't try to impress your lovers
and
mainly

DO NOT MODIFY IT AT THIS STAGE.

[/CENTER]
[/quote]
Capri can i ask something here.
how about if you write a small post for newbies or other drivers who just want to save their bumpers at early learning stages, i guess thats the biggest issue why we see threads like these every now and then. And make it a sticky so that everyone reads it upfront without jumping into discussions about lift kits n all.

I think what you wrote in RED above is great :045:
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=caprihorse;8142]-----------------------

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[/quote]

Caprihorse is right, I have to agree with him despite the fact that not agreeing with him is more fun :devilish: (Fact of life: I am in no position to compare my opinion to Capri's; the man is considerably more knowledgeable and experienced, therefore agreeing with him or not does not really matter, at any confidence level. What I do appreciate is that everyone here gets to voice their opinion, regardless of correctness, and someone will answer responsibly).
The problem, as I see it is that emotion is stronger than logic (that's why we smoke although smoking is BAD for us), and in the newbie ranks, there is plenty of enthusiasm and desires that would ignore the sound of reason and want to modify the car and play around with the manly toy. I know for sure because I had the experience first hand.

It is the school of the sand that would get sense stuck into one's head, after his brains suffers a pop-out from a nasty experience, for most people at least.

Moral of the story: we will enjoy reading new editions of Caprihorse's torture in the future as more people join the group..
se7es77
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with DL, guys dont mess with caprihorse he is always right:028:
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=se7es77;8156]I agree with DL, guys dont mess with caprihorse he is always right:028:[/quote]

:045:...:011::011:
Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

I m thankful to all above who jumped into discussion,though information is not only for me but for those who do not write but read.I do agree to avoide new cars on the sand specially LC.I am looking for 2nd hand car.
Now my q is which car is fit for the job.wrngler,cheroke or FJ...
PL.COMMENT...