Land Cruiser modification

Aemi
Intermediate
Intermediate

I need advice.
I have new 2011 land cruiser.what modification are essential before taking it on sand.how and from where..?
regards.
aemi98
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=aemi98;8089]I need advice.
I have new 2011 land cruiser.what modification are essential before taking it on sand.how and from where..?
regards.
aemi98[/quote]

The best modification is to get an older car.. don't damage the new one in the desert. But if you insist, then get rid of your stock front and rear bumpers and your side steps and put in a skid plate. No need to do anything else until you get promoted to Intermediate.

This is all I can say without stepping into unknown territory..
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Is it a V8 or V6......if you get it lifted a bit you can keep the bumpers and side steps too !

Then look at superchargers for starters ....then the sky is the limit
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

But lifting must be at least 50 cm at front and 40 cm at rear for V6 model. For V8 increase the height by 20%, because the engine has more power. :010:
FSL

[quote=caprihorse;8119]But lifting must be at least 50 cm at front and 40 cm at rear for V6 model. For V8 increase the height by 20%, because the engine has more power. :010:[/quote]
Silvester suggesting a lift.... wow I must be dreaming :011::011:
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

I would stay away from supercharger at this time. I still have not seen a proper kit on the market (there is one company in Japan that worked with TRD that did it - but not giving much info on it)

All the others are some redneck engineering solutions - I have one at was done in Al Qous that got dropped off at my factory last week and it is without a doubt a BAD retrofit kit. I'll take some pictures today and show you the workmanship.

But it's been said before its hard to take a brand new suv and make it into an offroad monster - first scratch or dent will hurt like hell
fida
Advance
Advance

I have Lan Cruiser 2010 just finished 25000k and had been using in for most of my off road trips. Though not been tested on intermediate levels but I found it very much comfortable yet. I believe it is all in how you use the power of your car and keep the right momementum on difficult dunes.

But after first 2 trips, i got rid out front bumper cover and keeping it unrepaired unless i find good skid plate. I am afraid, if i got my car lifted, it will not be a smooth ride on normal road drives.
Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=FSL;8120]Silvester suggesting a lift.... wow I must be dreaming :011::011:[/quote]

Yes my friend... you and I must definitly be dreaming...

But considering his numbers ie 50cm front and 40cm back,(without the 20% increase for v8) I can't but wonder if these heights are for off-roading or taking-off into space.
FSL

[quote=Desert Lizard;8133]Yes my friend... you and I must definitly be dreaming...
But considering his numbers i.e. 50cm front and 40cm back,(without the 20% increase for v8) I can't but wonder if these heights are for off-roading or taking-off into space.[/quote]

so based on Silvesters suggestion of 50/40 cm lifts. Should we assume that the next thing he'd suggest will be 48' tires :P
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

The equation for lifting is very simple: "As lower the level of driving skills, divided by experience, equals lifted height"

To verify such modification you have 3 options:
  1. Drive into the parking lot of any shopping mall in UAE and if you hear strange metallic noise from the top, your lifting modification was right
  2. Drive up some sharp edge and if you get stuck still, you might be thinking about Return on Investment
  3. Drive to the top of edge of some small dune, to show up for your friends your amazingly looking lifting, and then gently and nicely roll your vehicle sideways down the dune in amazing turns. After that show to your buddies that you are still unhurt and you can do it again. And don't forget to accept polite comments (aka shit happens), return back to off-roading and lift your car even higher.