GARMIN 276C on sale at CarreFour

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok, guys, now my contribution to this thread, I went over my historical accounting records:

I bought my Garmin 276C for DHS 2,750.00 on 29-Oct-2007 from Icon, the full original box, including cables, car mountings, chargers and Middle East maps (CD).
After trying to install maps, I found out, that I'm missing memory card (128MB), which I bought next day for DHS 270.00 from 'Abdullah Mohd General Ibrahim General Est (near Gold Souq)', website is just bad as possible, but they understand what they are selling...
In 2008 I bought update for Middle East Maps, directly from Garmin UK, for another 600 Dhs...
Since that time, there were available only updates for Garmin Bios, current version is 5.60, there are coming no more updates for Maps.

If today is somebody offering on the market outdated and no more supported product, for the price higher as at original release days, there must be something wrong with it...

If somebody would ask me, if I would sell my product today, I would say, yes, and purchase for the same price, more current one, with support.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

In my opinion carrefour offers are just like Al Futtaim offers and the people who deal with Al Futtaim knows what I mean.........
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

I talked to my friend who suffered this ordeal of carrefour, he says that if we can arrange 4-5 buyers then he can get some good prices from AMIT and the full package including all accessories and maps 276c will cost approx.2800 ds, the price for 276c with AMIT is 3100 ds.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

[quote=Duck Commander;5253]Hehehehe, yes wasif someone bought it and guess who?
Minhal.
He says it is just nothing there in plastic box but plastic 276c hehehehe.[/quote]

Minhal should have opened the box before he paid for it !

Its a case of buyers beware
NaSeR
Golden Member
Golden Member

So is there any cheaper alternative ? or using our existing Garmin ( e.g. Nuvi 760)

I'm currently using Garmin Nuvi 760 on road and GPSMAP 62s for off-road and satisfied with it (bought it from AMIT for 1175 DHs).