Speed Carage in RAK - Anyone got a review?

xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

I think it is suppose to be "Speed Garage" but the biz card has carage, located on Oman road.

Drove past there last night from my daily trip to National Auto Parts and noticed a large number of Jeeps there. The guy claims they can do anything and everything with Jeeps. There are a few items I have never done on a jeep before and was hoping to find a shop like this that specializes on jeeps and do the work there and in case I run into any problems can fall back on them to help. (I normally pay the normal labor rate but do most of the work myself) I have a Diesel Freelander I have done this alot in the past 4 years........

What scared me is how dirty the shop is and the pure number of jeeps behind the back in random stages of dis-assembly - i know it can be 1 of 3 things -

1. This guy is that good people wait in line to get their work done
or
2. This is one of those shops that say yes we can, pull the car apart and then realize they have no idea what they are doing (RIP old ford truck of mine)
or
3. People take their 10K aed jeep down there and then freak out they have to spend 10K aed to get it fixed and then they just leave it to rot.

Reason I'm looking into this place and not one in Shj or Dubai is I just dont have the time to drive down there and really want to be apart of the modification as much as I can. Sorta have that "Built not Bought" way of thinking.
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

kenn your 2nd and 3rd points are correct.
admin

[quote=xkennx;4382]I think it is suppose to be "Speed Garage" but the biz card has carage, located on Oman road.

Drove past there last night from my daily trip to National Auto Parts and noticed a large number of Jeeps there. The guy claims they can do anything and everything with Jeeps. There are a few items I have never done on a jeep before and was hoping to find a shop like this that specializes on jeeps and do the work there and in case I run into any problems can fall back on them to help. (I normally pay the normal labor rate but do most of the work myself) I have a Diesel Freelander I have done this alot in the past 4 years........

What scared me is how dirty the shop is and the pure number of jeeps behind the back in random stages of dis-assembly - i know it can be 1 of 3 things -

1. This guy is that good people wait in line to get their work done
or
2. This is one of those shops that say yes we can, pull the car apart and then realize they have no idea what they are doing (RIP old ford truck of mine)
or
3. People take their 10K aed jeep down there and then freak out they have to spend 10K aed to get it fixed and then they just leave it to rot.

Reason I'm looking into this place and not one in Shj or Dubai is I just dont have the time to drive down there and really want to be apart of the modification as much as I can. Sorta have that "Built not Bought" way of thinking.[/quote]

hi bro i send 4 you msg about that :010:
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Indy

We would like to know the details too.. what do u think bro?
Alosh
Advance
Advance

Guys it's Great idea to advice each others and light each others for the best
thanx for the advice brother
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

On the local boards back home we had a section just for this type of stuff - where people could give personal experience of each of the shops in the area (the good and the bad). I wont lie for the most part it was great cause it people knew where to go and not go, but there were times where alot of dirty laundry came out and the mods/admin would just lock that thread.

Here i think it would be very important for us expats who cant speak the same language of the people working in the shops - cause its one of those things - you do a good job no one says anything, (which doesn't help those of us looking for a good shop) but if you do something wrong people will spray paint it on your front door for all to see.
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

I look for experience more than advice :)
saw this on another msg board im on thought is was funny as hell...

"ADVICE, Something you give to others first to see if it works before you do it yourself"
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have selected one garage in Sharjah to repair all my previous and current cars since 2001. There is Philippine technician, who does all mechanical works, except denting and painting; he speaks also Arabic.
His main benefit is, that he thinks before he does the work. He saved me lots of money, to identify a wrong part and never asked me to buy extra parts, just to be sure... as to buy unnecessary parts is the practice in the most of garages in UAE.
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

[quote=caprihorse;4391]I have selected one garage in Sharjah to repair all my previous and current cars since 2001. There is Philippine technician, who does all mechanical works, except denting and painting; he speaks also Arabic.
His main benefit is, that he thinks before he does the work. He saved me lots of money, to identify a wrong part and never asked me to buy extra parts, just to be sure... as to buy unnecessary parts is the practice in the most of garages in UAE.[/quote]

where is that shop :051:
BADER BARGHOUTHI
Advance
Advance

""garage""