Re-calculating message

salhinai
Advance
Advance

I have had for sometime now an issue with my Montana 650 and at times it is annoying to say the least. The problem is in many places will i am navigating to a place I get the repetitive message "recalculating recalculating ..............." and stops for some time then continues. I had this on many roads but most of these occurred while driving on Maliha road. So if anyone has the same problem and found a solution for that may he could share it with us.
cyanide

Are you maps updated this happened with me when using old maps not montana but in nuvi
salhinai
Advance
Advance

cyanide;40884 wrote:Are you maps updated this happened with me when using old maps not montana but in nuvi
Yes they are updated.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Do you update your Montana regularly with the latest software? What is the release number?
Are you driving in Automobile mode on road? Check all your settings in Automobile mode for everything and mainly avoidances.
What is the release number of you maps?
In your maps settings, do you have enabled only one map or more?
salhinai
Advance
Advance

caprihorse;40894 wrote:Do you update your Montana regularly with the latest software? What is the release number?
Are you driving in Automobile mode on road? Check all your settings in Automobile mode for everything and mainly avoidances.
Chief it is so nice to hear from you, I am in Oman now and do not have the device with me it is in Dubai. Will go there next week and check all questions and reply to you.

One thing I know that i always update the device when a new version is out.
Thanks.
shbatat

Backup your poi's then factory reset and you'll be fine.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

shbatat;40898 wrote:Backup your poi's then factory reset and you'll be fine.
This is very risky and he will loose all his settings, which is quite a lot, if he is running several profiles. We had this in the past on someones machine and it didn't help. We just replaced the device. I'm suspicious about GPS sensor in this case, but let's wait on Salhinai's response.
shbatat

If there is anything wrong with the GPS sensor, the device will not calculate any route in the first place!!!
The solution which I wrote is the way how the technician at Garmin dealer will diagnose the device, and after that you will receive the same unit without your settings and profiles, and you'll have to spend 4 and half minutes to redo the same settings which you have earlier.
this type of problem is common with Montana, and the only solution is to restore factory settings.
replacing the unit can take place when there is a hardware deficiency, which is very less with Garmin.
salhinai
Advance
Advance

caprihorse;40894 wrote:Do you update your Montana regularly with the latest software? What is the release number?
Here is the update,

The device had 6.2 ver software which I updated to the latest version, then I disabled all the maps except one. This made the device function fine last time when i tested it. The map I have is the opensource map.

I will check it this week and see how it fairs.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

salhinai;41754 wrote:Here is the update,

The device had 6.2 ver software which I updated to the latest version, then I disabled all the maps except one. This made the device function fine last time when i tested it. The map I have is the opensource map.

I will check it this week and see how it fairs.
Now the firmware is 6.4.

I hope that your map (*.img) is in the right folder either on device or SD Card (/Garmin/).