Al Qudra Cycling Path (cycling activity)

admin

Click Here to signup for the trip
Adventures League of Mountains, Oceans & Sand Thrills
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Rental Cycles available ?
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

@Defragmantor [MENTION=10312]azma[/MENTION] please visit this page http://www.trekbikes.ae/bike_rental.php

But these are road bike and need some skills to ride it safely. However I saw written somewhere "hybrid bike" I am not sure what they mean about it, you can contact them and get more infos.
azma

[quote=momo;42723]@Defragmantor @azma please visit this page http://www.trekbikes.ae/bike_rental.php

But these are road bike and need some skills to ride it safely. However I saw written somewhere "hybrid bike" I am not sure what they mean about it, you can contact them and get more infos.[/quote]
[MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] ,

Road bike or Hybrid bike, as long as it has two wheels than we should be Ok.
FrancisJK
Intermediate
Intermediate

1. Sorry guys unfortunately I cannot join the ride tonight for some reason. Anyway here are some facts for all.

Hybrid bicycles blend characteristics from more specialized road bikes, touring bikes and mountain bikes. The resulting "hybrid" is a general-purpose bike that can tolerate a wide range of riding conditions and applications.

Road bike riding position is no close to mountain bike & hybrid bike riding position. You should get the right road bike size for you to avoid back pain or any injury, etc...

Have a safe ride Almosters!
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Guys, I have 2 hybrid bikes at home...highly recommended! The tire width is that of a road bike, but rest of the features are similar to mountain bikes. I have had Rockstar with aluminium frame for about 10 years and it still like a new. I will take picture of it when i go home next time.
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you [MENTION=8601]FrancisJK[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9008]orlantsev[/MENTION] for the valuable information. And I hope to see you among us in the coming events. Regards
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

Guys is it okay to come and hangout after the cycling :mah (chilling):...
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=hamzahng;42738]Guys is it okay to come and hangout after the cycling :mah (chilling):...[/quote]

Dear hamzahng, all our cycling rides are social events so all almost4x4 members are welcome to socialize.
However, keep in mind that this time we will finish the ride at 23:00 at Al Qudra cycling path (which is a little bit far from the city).
We might have rest for 10 to 15 min then go back home.
So if you plan to come to say "Hi" you are welcome, if you come to say "Hi'' and feed us with some sweets you are more than welcome :grin:
Kind Regards,
Arun Pandyat

Sorry guys.. I will be at office today.. catch you next time...