A trip to dibba (Oman)

syedbilal

Hi,
I want to visit diba(Oman) with a friend who is on visit visa.I will be thankful to provide the information for this trip.e.g what document required.?do we need visa..?etc.
kind regards.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

syedbilal;19735 wrote:Hi,
I want to visit diba(Oman) with a friend who is on visit visa.I will be thankful to provide the information for this trip.e.g what document required.?do we need visa..?etc.
kind regards.
If your friend has single entry visit visa, so forget the whole idea. The best is to call Omani Embassy in Dubai or visit them directly, to obtain the latest information on regulation. BTW, we are off-roaders and not a travel agent... so in the most of cases as the answer you can get here only rumours and what was true yesterday, it may not be true tomorrow...
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

Get in touch with the hotel. The rule for tour companies is to receive passport copy, passport picture and Visa details prior to arrival as they have to send documents to border check point for tourists on visit visa, however only possible if you are also travelling with a tour company. In your case, the hotel may have to help as you drive over yourself. I cannot firm this but would give it a try.

But just to be sure and as Capri said...forget a visit to Dibba on your own and book a night in Fujeirah instead.
desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

Crossing the check point without hotel reservation or booking with the diving Center is impossible as friends have informed me, no personal experience though
vin_d

I went last week to Musandam via RAK checkpost, no issues. No hotel reservation required. Not sure about the situation at other border posts. A couple of months back tried going to Wadi Bih and we were turned back, however we managed to cross through another border close-by. Its a luck by chance. Even crossing Buremi is tough. Once we were told to get a NOC from sponsor. We tried our luck after 30 mins, no questions were asked.
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

We are residents!!! We talking about a visitor with Tourist Visa here which probably has 90days validity...if that person crosses the border, he looses the visa and need to re-apply unless a multiple visa has been issued which then is valid for 3 months and the person can enter as many times as wanted within this period.

Check with the hotel and the Omani Embassy!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

To get UAE multiple entry visa, you need to be on the level of very high VIP and have some kinda of Arabic passport...

E.g. EEC Schengen territory has now 26 countries, but UAE still does recognize only former 15 countries, from before 1990, for traveling into UAE without arranging visa... and we are now approaching 2013...