Smooth Trail 3.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone!
    I will go on and repeat what everyone said thanking the organizers, leaders, marshals crew and all the driver for the amazing experience.
    This is still my second drive off road and I am still being impressed with how much fun it is. And I would like to express my appreciation of the general ambiance and attitude of the group making us, the newbies, feel welcome and a part of the family. It's always a pleasure joining the drives where you can constantly meet new amazing people.
    I just have a little suggestion for the Marshals/Leaders Abu Jimmy, alshamsi_m, Booy that I believe can be helpful for us newbies specially in the first few drives.
    Since we still do not know everyone by name/nickname and the car they drive, it would be helpful if at the start of the drive, when everyone lines up and takes their position in the queue, everyone would say his name and the car he is driving (made/color/any special thing to identify the car) on the radio, in order starting from the first car till the last.
    This will help us to get to know the family better and identify when the car in front of us gives us a clear signal on the radio. I know it will be obvious after the first few obstacles, but it just makes it easier.
    I hope to see you soon on the sand

Comment

Originally posted by thursday View Post
      Hello Everyone!
      I will go on and repeat what everyone said thanking the organizers, leaders, marshals crew and all the driver for the amazing experience.
      This is still my second drive off road and I am still being impressed with how much fun it is. And I would like to express my appreciation of the general ambiance and attitude of the group making us, the newbies, feel welcome and a part of the family. It's always a pleasure joining the drives where you can constantly meet new amazing people.
      I just have a little suggestion for the Marshals/Leaders Abu Jimmy, alshamsi_m, Booy that I believe can be helpful for us newbies specially in the first few drives.
      Since we still do not know everyone by name/nickname and the car they drive, it would be helpful if at the start of the drive, when everyone lines up and takes their position in the queue, everyone would say his name and the car he is driving (made/color/any special thing to identify the car) on the radio, in order starting from the first car till the last.
      This will help us to get to know the family better and identify when the car in front of us gives us a clear signal on the radio. I know it will be obvious after the first few obstacles, but it just makes it easier.
      I hope to see you soon on the sand
      nice suggestion

Comment

Hi all,

It has been a while since our last drive with almost. We had done a few club member drives a couple of years ago. A few drives in Nissan Pathfinder R52, some in Nissan Patrol Y62.
        All these drives were frustrating, since each time front and rear bumpers were broken and other plastic bits and pieces damaged.

This drive after the recent vehicle change was exciting and free from any damages.
        We were allocated in Booy convoy. The drive was smooth as its name indicated. There was a couple of recoveries, 2nd tries. No pop outs.
        Since I deflated to 10psi (some mentioned before the drive started that I deflated too much) , I was cautious avoiding abrupt turning and was taking turns like an articulated RTA bus. I survived w/o a pop out.
        My son was excited being my radio operator and then I was told off for not using the radio myself . Fair enough.

After the drive we had a pleasant chit chat. Thanks Agalon , Daggerfall and alshamsi_m for tips and advice.

I truly enjoyed the day and I am even more happy seeing that my son loved every minute of the drive too.

We are eagerly waiting for the next drive.

Many thanks to all seniors for your time and for looking after our safety.

See you in the sand
        Kris and little Gabriel

PS. Please see below the link to a few photos and movies from the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/suui75sdu...FnCiFAdHa?dl=0

Comment

Working...
        X