As fast as it gets!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As fast as it gets!

The weather was looking perfect when I was driving to the meeting point until we got caught by a small sand storm and everything went dark :) . Luckily it didn't took so long until the clear skies came back before we start the drive. It was a small welcome from Al Qudra to Almosters I guess :)

It was an interesting convoy where we had more adv an above drivers than the intermediate drivers :) which I believe increased the expectations

The area was very interesting. Powder soft sand, razor sharp crests and technical areas in between mid size dunes came together in a tricky way where you could have many surprises :)

Notes from the drive:

* It was amazing to see how an undershirt can be used as a snorkel for jeeps air filter system where the jeep was having trouble before this solution suddenly start working like a clock . Some say it gained extra 20 horse power . Only a true Jeeper like zico could solve this " Jeep thing"

* Finally I got a nice shot of the wild beast Tornado during a break. But I came so close, I could see the teeths of Yoghybear (Zoom Lenses) where he was smiling to me when I was running away to not get eaten by Tornado

* The new bumper paid its costs when I got caught by a nasty ditch just after cresting a dune .I would have left the old one there

* You should see when everyone was running to his car to get his phone, taking selfies , running to Dave to make sure every angle is covered when he decided to park his car on top of a crest for a coffee brake. It was like a carnival

All intermediates did great and I hope all others enjoyed the day.

Thanks chief Yoghybear and zico for the support . Thanks to all advance drivers for joining us. It was great to have you all there.

Hope to see you all next time

Best Regards
    Last edited by Daggerfall; 13th August 2017, 08:00 AM.
    Serkan Delerel (Daggerfall)

Black Kia Sorento (Adrian) & Black FJ Cruiser (VF-1 Valkyrie)

+971 50 725 09 31

Nice day on the sand, it was nice to see everybody. Track was nice lots of side cresting. Thanks Marshals for the trip and hope to see you soon on the sand.

We are ALMOST4x4 and we are perfect

Comment

It was indeed a very good afternoon in the sand, Daggerfall brought us in a new area with small/small-midium dunes but very technical and with sharp crests.
      The track was nice and enjoyable, good choise Serkan.
      With only four Int. drivers it was easy to manage the convoy and btw everyone did a good job, well done guys.
      Last but not least it was amazing to have a good number of Adv. drivers "old batch"... you rock guys
      Another great day is over, let's wait for next one.
      Thanks all and see you

Comment

Hi All!

It was a great drive, very enjoyable! Good pace and plenty of side cresting, as we have come to expect from Daggerfall !

I had a couple of mechanical issues on the drive, apologies for the stops! First the Jeep overheated for the first time on a drive, which shows we were keeping up the pace higher than previous drives, and the other was that my engine cut out on top of a side crest and would not restart! This was fixed by zico by putting a t-shirt over my air filter, disconnecting the battery to reset the computer. It worked and I am very grateful for the lesson! I now know that my next modification is going to be a snorkel and different filter! I seem to get so much sand in my engine bay when side cresting that an open filter is no good!!

Thank you to all that came, and supported, as always!

Until next time!

Jock
        Yellow JKU
        050 504 6332

Comment

Originally posted by Daggerfall View Post
          The weather was looking perfect when I was driving to the meeting point until we got caught by a small sand storm and everything went dark :) . Luckily it didn't took so long until the clear skies came back before we start the drive. It was a small welcome from Al Qudra to Almosters I guess :)

It was an interesting convoy where we had more adv an above drivers than the intermediate drivers :) which I believe increased the expectations

The area was very interesting. Powder soft sand, razor sharp crests and technical areas in between mid size dunes came together in a tricky way where you could have many surprises :)

Notes from the drive:

* It was amazing to see how an undershirt can be used as a snorkel for jeeps air filter system where the jeep was having trouble before this solution suddenly start working like a clock . Some say it gained extra 20 horse power . Only a true Jeeper like zico could solve this " Jeep thing"

* Finally I got a nice shot of the wild beast Tornado during a break. But I came so close, I could see the teeths of Yoghybear (Zoom Lenses) where he was smiling to me when I was running away to not get eaten by Tornado

* The new bumper paid its costs when I got caught by a nasty ditch just after cresting a dune .I would have left the old one there

* You should see when everyone was running to his car to get his phone, taking selfies , running to Dave to make sure every angle is covered when he decided to park his car on top of a crest for a coffee brake. It was like a carnival

All intermediates did great and I hope all others enjoyed the day.

Thanks chief Yoghybear and zico for the support . Thanks to all advance drivers for joining us. It was great to have you all there.

Hope to see you all next time

Best Regards
          The shot that you took of the wild beast Tornado is really breathtaking...simply amazing Daggerfall
          Dr. Muhammad Imran Malik aka Scorpio
          White FJ Cruiser Xtreme

Mob: +971 55 5804488
          Email: doctorimran.malik@gmail.com
          A . L . M . O . S . T 4X4 = Adventurous League of Mountain, Ocean & Sand Thrills
          When I is replaced by We, even Illness becomes Wellness

Comment

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Ar...as%20it%20gets

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post

The shot that you took of the wild beast Tornado is really breathtaking...simply amazing Daggerfall
              Thank you!
              Serkan Delerel (Daggerfall)

Black Kia Sorento (Adrian) & Black FJ Cruiser (VF-1 Valkyrie)

+971 50 725 09 31

Comment

What a drive, what a day; JockJKU techinical problem, Dave show, Arminjune site crest and my belt and so others....The area was fantastic for site cresting. We did continous site crests without pausing at some time of the drive which was really the expectation from Daggerfall .

Besides the drive, it is worth to mention the handmade snorkel by zico; full of respect, full of respect..! It was a real-life experienced corrective and preventive action at the same time..!

Thanks to Yoghybear and all advanced drivers being with us.

Dont forget to change by improving and keep the momentum. While i said momentum, one small note for that crest: i have an open case with you now...wait for me..!

See you on the sand at the earliest.

Barish

Comment

Hi Guys

Wow. It's been almost a week and I am still thinking about the drive.

The area was awesome. A great mix of nice flowing dunes and sharp crests.
                  This was a fantastic place to practice side cresting.

I have been out of off roading for a while and have only done a few newbie level drives with my new LC71.
                  This drive was my first 'proper' drive and I loved it.

The best part was to drive with old friends again..... it has been too long.

Thanks to Almost4x4.

Regards
                  Paul

/l ,[____],
                  l----L-OlllllllO-
                  ()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Paul Woodcock - Previously "Pwood"
                  050 841 5734

Comment

Working...
                  X