Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balloon tires for nissan patrol 1999

hi,
    iam new to the club and have bought a nissan patrol 1999 just to experience and enjoy sand driving.
    currently it has 17" mud tires and i cant drive this on sand its just sunks.
    im planing to install shiyam 900 balloon tires and the question is is it safe for me to install them as iam not a professional driver on sand ( not yet haha) any recomwnded ballon tires?
    or so i have to install normal tires? Does the balloon tires have more tendency for toppling the car?
    any advice will be a great help..
    thanks
    nihad

hi Nihad,

do not go for the balloon tires ... these tires are not practical for real offroading.

did you deflate your Mud tires when you went offroading ?

what is the brand and the size of your tires ?

Regards,

Comment

Hope this helps.
      2016 Black FJ Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Mohanad View Post
        hi Nihad,

do not go for the balloon tires ... these tires are not practical for real offroading.

did you deflate your Mud tires when you went offroading ?

what is the brand and the size of your tires ?

Regards,
        Hi Mohanad,

Thanks for your reply. OMG you wont believe yesterday being the weekend i made a trip to BMW road and picked up the balloon tires 900 R17, made in Thailand tires. I hope i wont regret putting these as i have also heard that these tires are good on sand and floats on sand. I have read few threads that these tires are not good at up hill climbs? what is your take on that pls...(now i have to live with these for some time and this will be my weekend off road car only- so will not be driving on tamac much-not a daily driver for me)

When you say not for off road, you mean on sand also or just i wont be able to enjoy other off road stuff apart from sand? me yet to drive this on sand tho...

My existing tire was LT265/70R17 with some huge grip cuts on tire.(image attached) actually i just bought this patrol 2 weeks back and just drove it off road in Al Ghadeer area and the tire was just digging holes and sinking. No i did not deflate the tires at all coz i was not equip t. Was that be the problem or i just though these must be not suitable for sand.

hope this will give me some satisfaction on sand...
        Thanks & regards,
        Nihad
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Youssef.Abdelhady View Post
          Hope this helps.
          Hi Youssef,

Yes, this greatly helps...
          Regards,
          Nihad

Comment

Originally posted by Nihad@Nissan Patrol View Post

Hi Mohanad,

Thanks for your reply. OMG you wont believe yesterday being the weekend i made a trip to BMW road and picked up the balloon tires 900 R17, made in Thailand tires. I hope i wont regret putting these as i have also heard that these tires are good on sand and floats on sand. I have read few threads that these tires are not good at up hill climbs? what is your take on that pls...(now i have to live with these for some time and this will be my weekend off road car only- so will not be driving on tamac much-not a daily driver for me)

When you say not for off road, you mean on sand also or just i wont be able to enjoy other off road stuff apart from sand? me yet to drive this on sand tho...

My existing tire was LT265/70R17 with some huge grip cuts on tire.(image attached) actually i just bought this patrol 2 weeks back and just drove it off road in Al Ghadeer area and the tire was just digging holes and sinking. No i did not deflate the tires at all coz i was not equip t. Was that be the problem or i just though these must be not suitable for sand.

hope this will give me some satisfaction on sand...
            Thanks & regards,
            Nihad
            I see that there were some discussions in the forum about these tires. honestly I wish that you wont regret putting these tires. I heard a lot from experienced off roaders that these tires are not easy to drive with even in the desert.
            but never regret living an experience

wish you safe drives ..

Comment

Update us with your experience! Enjoy with the drive Nihad.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolmhall View Post
                Update us with your experience! Enjoy with the drive Nihad.
                Thanks Malcolm, i have been on my first club member covoy with the guys here, it was just an amzing experience to be with all d experts and drive on sand.

yes the baloon tires did perform well did not get stuck in any climb or dunes...that was my first outing on sand and just too early to predict if they are super good...but i hear the tires growl when taking a sharp turn or a bend on sand...still donno if thats normal ...

overall so far its ok for me coz i drive this car only on sand and nowadays its just parked...just take it out for a small drive on d weekend.
                on d bigger picture prefer to have normal tires then i can gdrive this more frequently ...they seem ok only on sand n feel risky on road..

Comment

Working...
                X