Happy Sand

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everybody

Marshals were very nice " again " where they pushed for two convoys instead of ONE, based on our members high demand.

Well, the tracks were a bit hard for our 5- drivers due to lack of experience by not keeping the right speed to climb or where to stop when someone is trying to climb in front, Which totally acceptable in this level.

Heat was another factor which effected our members and our marshals Who were standing in the heat giving the instructions to cross.

All in all it was another successful event by almost4x4 family.

Till next time. Take care
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Thank you very much to all the Marshalls and Intermediate/ advanced drivers that took such good care of us!!

A perfectly organised, safe and controlled drive from start to finish, with routes perfectly chosen by the group leads after a briefing on exactly what we were to encounter.

The sand was soft and challenging in parts (for newbies) and the Marshalls and recovery guys gave great instructions on how to approach the 2nd tries and self recoveries!

I look forward to learning more from our very experienced leaders and thank you for taking the time to transfer some of your knowledge to us!!

I thoroughly enjoyed it & appreciate the time you took and the patience you all showed!

see you again in the sand soon!
mahesh_bmj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another grate day with almost4x4 family. Extra special tanks for Marshalls who decide to have 2 convoys and give everyone chance to learn while having fun.
Drive was bit difficult in some places but that’s how we are going to learn.
Thanks everyone
See you all soon in next drive.
awais_300
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello every one,

Thnaks for @Yoghybear for arranging the trip and special thanks to [MENTION=44]alshamsi[/MENTION] to add me in this trip as i did not registered because of some issue . The drives was good but at last hour some cars stucks due to which it takes almost ore then 30min delay and still i enjoyed this trip . Chit chat with my friends in the car.

Tooo much hot day starts and it becomes more hoter time by time . all over trip was very good i enjoed alot as usual
gbridi

Dear Almost Family

thank you Marshalls and Intermediate/ advanced drivers for the lovely drive, where it was cool (as a drive not as a weather :) ) and very informative, again I failed couple of time dealing with the wonderful world of Gravity and underestimating one slope while I was going fast and hit the front of the car. special thx to Hokey who was monitoring us closely and helping us, this is the beauty of driving with almost 4x4, you feel secure and your giving enough advises and techniques to finish your journey with a high learning curve. attached some pictures have a nice day [ATTACH=CONFIG]2928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2930[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2932[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2934[/ATTACH]
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

I'm more a late night guy rather than an early bird, so the meeting time at 7.00 am (which meant I had to wake up at 5.30) was like a poke in the eyes :TT TT:
But I happily woke up knowing it would have been another nice drive with our club :thumbsup:

I reached the meeting point around 6.45, deflated and there was already most of the people there. A great majority had spent the night before camping there around, so they were enjoying breakfast.
As usual, [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] was preparing his coffee using a moka (the good, old coffe machine that I'm sure every italian appreciate), and I arrived just in time to get my dose.

We split in 2 convoys, one led by [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] and one by [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION]. I was with Bu Salem, our sweepers was @abujimmy.
It was hot, with areas where sand was quite soft, but in spite of this I found the ride a bit harsh as there were many many tracks and when we were cutting through them it was a bit of a bumpy drive.

We managed to avoid pop-outs, but we had several 2nd and 3rd attempts, some self recoveries as well as recoveries. As usual our marshalls, advanced and intermediate drivers helped in the rescue, but the hot temperature was leaving a mark on them:on fire:
Thanks for the patience!

In the initial part of the drive some people were finding themselves stuck because they were either not respecting the correct distance from the car in front or were halting in the wrong position. And when they tried to restart, sometime they were just caught by Mrs Gravity or my Mrs Soft Sand. The second part of the drive went better.

We reached Al Badayer shops at 11.00, had some chit chats, got our tyres inflated and we left back home.
Thanks to everyone for another great day :like:
See you soon!
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Dear offroaders, its awesome to see many learned from this trip,
In my view these early -5 trips is to help you know your car better, get stuck in easy way so you can learn in safe way.
Nothing great comes easy, it takes lots of practice, and patience.
we all drive different cars, different styles, some cars are easier to manage through desert than others. but great driver can manage with what ever he has, and the goal is to make you all great drivers, not great car owners. and to do that, the club has these -5 drives, to practice, make mistakes, and learn.
Some figure out there car faster than others, could be because they have easier car to figure out, or had experience with other activities that helps, or could be many other reasons, but in my view, best drivers I've seen were the ones had most stucks pop outs and second tries.
Keep making mistakes in lower level drives, learn from them,
most important follow instructions of marshals. last thing you want to do is think your freedom of doing what ever you want is more prior to people around you :)
once you get to higher level, and more experience doors open to whole new style of driving :)

but I have to say amazing support Mark and Hocky, and bu Rashid. as much as we know the purpose of these trip, still its not easy to do what they do.
Mohanad
Crew
Crew

despite the hot weather and the many second tries we faced ... I must say that I was so happy because it was my first drive without getting stuck :grin:
I know that I have done a stupid stunt there by jumping with my car , but as Arminjune said .. I'm still learning and getting used to my truck.

I must say that no words are enough to thanks Mark and Hocky. they did an amazing job by helping us all.
special thanks to Hocky who went the extra mile by driving some of the member's cars to help them getting out safely from some critical situations.

see you all soon :)
If you Hesitate, Accelerate !
Mahnaz

First report, hopefully not last🙏

Hello Almoster Family

Our adventure started from camping, It was such a beautiful night as usual but this time was a bit different as we had yummy BBQ, nice music, and at the end some unexpected noisy people around us.

About the drive, every single time that I drive with the group i get more and more surprised from my ALMOST family. Your support,energy, and the confidence that you give to each other is the thing that I really love about it you all. Even though i really felt the summer heat this time but being with my family makes it very enjoyable no matter what. We had a 3 hours drive in soft sand and some mistakes but as our Marshals always say, no mistake, no learning.

The least that i could do is to say THANKS EVERYONE, you are all awesome and a big THANKS to our Leaders, Marshals, and our Rescue team for all supports.

Love is in the air when you are with ALMOST 4X4 family.

Cheers
Mahnaz
Rohitmanek

[MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] took us on an exciting trip through a somewhat 'testing' terrain that we loved. I had to make a couple of double takes and at one point needed close assistance. It was fun and worthwhile and learnt to tackle soft sand. A great morning in care of knowledgeable folks and the company of some encouraging people. Thank you guys.