Catch Me If You Can XIIII

Mo Sh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Firstly it was scary being awaken by the strong wind at 5 a.m. saw @alshamsi_m talking about how it's always a perfect weather to drive and surely he was right.

Departed at 6.45 am, it all started to rain, Morning showers was so refreshing a perfect way to start the day, reached meeting point and i was glad i was early as everyone was so excited that none was late.

I'll finish the report later as all exhausted but for all it's worth a BIG thank you to all, @Abu Jimmy @alshamsi_m @ALKHATIB @Rashidjass [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] and our chief @Yoghybear for this awesome and yet another amazing trip. Hats off Gentlemen
:045:
mahesh_bmj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sounds like you all had grate time... hope to see you all in next trip.
azma

Dear Almosters, below is the video I made for the trip, this is the first time I made a video, enjoy.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQTnVq_oak"][video=youtube_share;OVQTnVq_oak]https://youtu.be/OVQTnVq_oak[/video]
[/URL]
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

One the best elements in ALMOST 4X4 drives that it's on regardless the weather
Because off roader should be able to drive under any condition they should practices in different circumstances, but we in ALMOST 4X4 enjoy it with rain and dust
Again weather was fantastic specially with the windshield wiper slowly removing the rain drops to clear the way to the meeting point
The weather encouraged other desert lovers... so it it was a bit crowded at the meeting point
Two convoys, I was in the first one the leader @alshamsi_m, @zico and [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] sweep and rescue, I was car number four (Alphabetical serial)
Briefing was short if you're here you can do it, enjoy and don't try to impress the marshals
We took off on time, no warming up at all the first stuck one minute after we started
Climbed the fossil rock, and missed @fida's ditch because of the other clubs traffic at that area (just imagine how the traffic could be bad in the desert)
We dropped from the fossil rock and started all types of driving, cresting dunes riding it was fun and challenging, I even tried the donuts driving in two spots
The second lead changed every 15 minutes driving, of course with a Swiss time keeper you don't have to worry at all
Driving behind Bu Salem is real real fun, and real real educational
One time stuck on the top of a dune, one time crested and two times (third try) :omg: was the result of my misjudgment, approaching angle and of course learning
Driving on the right gear is the best I came out from this drive on Friday and no doubt a heavy load of fun and great moments
We met with the second convoy in more than one place and exchange smiles and wishes
Finished at 10:45 but never get enough from off roading
Thank you family and see you in the sands soon
hamzahng
Crew
Crew

First of all I would like to thank the marshals for the invitation to this Drive. I was so excited to go there that I managed to be the first one to arrive at the meeting point. Deflated the tires, and had some coffee while waiting the rest of the group. minutes later everyone showed up, we were briefed and distributed to two convoys, and we hit the sand. I started as the last car in Convoy 1, [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] was rescue, [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] was sweeping, and [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] was leading the convoy.

the drive it self was tough. it was a test for both the Driver and the Car. as abu salem have told us, the level of the drive was above a Newbie 10+ drive, and just under the borders of Intermediate drives. I had multiple second tries, but luckily I was not stuck:yarr:. there was one dune which was really tough on me and my car that I had to do multiple tries to go up, and once I reached the top, everyone was cheering for me. :hidden::hidden::hidden:

overall, I really enjoyed the trip. it was a bit stressful, but it was great. again a big thanks to the Marshals and Founders for your continuous support and teachings.
ZaheR
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was waiting impatiently for a catch me if you can drive! :yaeh am not durnk:

finally received the invitation and prepared happily on Thursday afternoon. I had my wrangler top down so called @TimuR to help me put it on since i saw the weather is rainy Friday.

i set the alarm very early, and when i woke up there was a lot of rain and wind in Jumeirah 3 where i live. i questioned if it will be canceled or not, but since nothing received from Marshals i headed to the meeting point in Capri-land.

I was in Convoy 2 with @ALKHATIB in the lead, [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] in the sweep, and @Rashidjass on the rescue and the camera clic :yaeh am not durnk:

the drive was a little bit different from what i used to see on the forum for catch me if you can drives, i was expecting to drive from Capriland down to Badayer but instead we turned back and finished in gas station at Maliha Road. Maybe because lack of time. Also we didn't apply Buddy system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2908[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2909[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2910[/ATTACH]

all in all for me it was a great drive, except 3 second tries i had because i need to get more used to my car.

a big thank you to all marshals and specially to @Rashidjass for the wonderful pictures as always! without your clics i wouldn't have any souvenir pictures like the below one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2911[/ATTACH]

since it was not mentioned, the Facebook pictures album to @Rashidjass is here: https://www.facebook.com/rashid.soomar/ ... 140&type=3
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

The day was clear from morning how excellent it will be..it was raining, weather was cool and sand was generous for us. It was clear from everyones eyes the excitement of being part of legendary catch me if you can drive in Almost, so were i..

It was more than a classical drive..All Almost drives are usually challenging but this was different: fast drive with full of struggles...stucks and second tries...i would like to thank [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION], [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION], [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] for great lead and support.

Egg basket, Catch me if you can, and...what is next? No matter. We really enjoy it here!

Dont just change; try to change by improving..

See you on the sand at the ealiest.

Barish
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Seems like everything has been said about this fantastic trip.

From my side, all I can can add is that I personally had so much fun, and was driving with a big smile on my face all of the time.

Now there is no turning back:yaeh am not durnk:
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
awais_300
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello All,

The day was excellent , and i was to much excited then never before. Talking with my friends that i am going for intermediate drive this time . raining was there and cool weather also increase my excitement. and i took second lead . sand was wet and my car did not take power and stuck from start. After some time it was very fun drive never before.

Specially thanks to our leaders @
Abu Jimmy@alshamsi_m @ALKHATIB @Rashidjass @zico and @Yoghybear who are always available to support us.

Drive was difficult then before but its really awesum and i get too much experience.

Thanks again to almost4x4 for arranging such trip for us.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2913[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2914[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2918[/ATTACH]
some pic which i clicked for your reference.
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

sorry about the late trip report as it was one busy week. but never too late for a trip report it says.

Thanks Marshals for the kind invitation for this fabulous event and recognizing us as off-roaders with can do attitude. . as soon as I get the invitation I was thrilled, cos I have heard about this drive many times and knew it was a hard test. Anyway I am not going to write a timeline here as you can find a pretty good idea from below reports.

Sand was as soft as silk, and many of us had trouble keeping on the track. And many stucks and recoveries. But we have seen a nice recovery by our wonderful marshals, when one of us slipped into the rocks. Sorry I don't have any pics but sure you can find it below.

I was in the second convoy with @alkhtib, was such fun following him. Anyhow we had such a good time and this drive was not only for learning but to put everything you learn in to practice.

I kinda lost my concentration one time and lost the convoy for sometime, I should apologize for that, but thanks [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for having patience on us.
Thanks [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] for the such motivation after drive, you are right we learn something on each drive, [MENTION=22]zico[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for such a event, and our lead marshal [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] for the challenging drive, found the softest sand so far.

see you all the sand !!!
R.B