Arminjune
Advance
Advance

I just made it home from trip.
Barley can open one eye.
Was sick all day flue. and got worst.
but it was worth it, and if I had amazing time, can't imagine how healthy drivers felt.
I had to post this, but more report to be coming.
Thank you, good night.
@alshamsi_m @Rashidjass @Yoghybear, @Eric, @fida, @salhinai, @Melfi @Mark_B

you all made it worth the trip
salhinai
Advance
Advance

Wow what a trip.

I would like to thank Bu Salim [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for giving me the chance of being a participant on this drive. At first I was hesitant to join since I had to go back to Oman the next day and boy I am so glad that I did not listen to myself, which was talking to me out of it, and joined the trip. It turned to be every thing you want in a drive. Long driving track, nice rally style stretches and beautiful dunes (we even saw the star dunes and played on them) all this mixed with Bu Salim touch which never fails to amaze.
To see the satisfaction on every ones eyes at the end of the trip, regardless to the exhaustion, and how all were absolutely happy made me realize that it is a common joy shared by all and it is not in my imagination.

Thanks to @alshamsi_m @Rashidjass @Yoghybear, @Eric, @fida, @Arminjune, @Melfi @Mark_B for making this one an addition to the ones that will always be remembered.

Hope to see you all well soon on the dunes.
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Pictues :playingsmiley::playingsmiley::playingsmiley:

https://www.facebook.com/rashid.soomar/ ... loaded=143
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Everyone

Well first of all, Sorry for the typing mistake " Strich " this drive happened to be one of the most interesting we have done in Liwa so I can't delete it.

The camp :

The plan was to enter the desert and keep driving until Sun set " pure adventure " . We found a nice place to camp for everyone to find his comfort zone except @fida who decided to put his tent next to the fire " fatal mistake " he kept awake until morning So always stay away from the sitting area otherwise you are going to hear someone's life story for more than* 4 times ;).

The sky was dark so we had the chance to the beautiful stars after a long time like this. On the other hand, we could see strong* thunder storm and lighting on the horizon which means heavy rain somewhere but it didn't strike on us " Good to see from distance " :).

The drive :

It was interesting to see the wet dunes of Liwa* because they looked GREEN to me so the challenge was learn the terrain with new colours.
In the morning it was much better since we had the advantage of knowing where is our enemy " The Fence "* and stay away

Too be continued ......
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rashidjass;46506 wrote:Pictues :playingsmiley::playingsmiley::playingsmiley:

https://www.facebook.com/rashid.soomar/ ... loaded=143
Rashid Jass chose a specific audience for this post. Only people in that audience will be able to see this when you share it....
Pls kindly correct.
Eric
Advance
Advance

[MENTION=1510]sham[/MENTION]si_m, don't worry about the "Strich" in German language Strich means line, ( I was surprised how you came up with this word for the trip !?) and in some sort of way it was a long line we drove between Hameem and Al Wagan.
It was a great trip, beautiful area, hard and soft sand, and just about anything else you can think of.
I hope Yogi made in home without incident and that Mark B got a replacement battery.
We were home about 10:45PM, heads humming from the long drive..
With all the good company in the group, interesting track and fantastic desert it was the sort of trip you would want to do over and over..
Thanks to the marshals giving me the opportunity to join this trip and everyone in the group to make this "Long Line" one of the most memorable trips with Almost 4x4.
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=caprihorse;46533]Rashid Jass chose a specific audience for this post. Only people in that audience will be able to see this when you share it....
Pls kindly correct.
[/quote]

Done [MENTION=955]caprihorse[/MENTION] :045:
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Rashidjass;46571]Done @caprihorse :045:[/quote]
Shared :)
Mark B
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hameem to Al Waggan

So many good things to report about this trip.

It rained on the way down to Hameem. I always dread rain on a drive as it makes the drive rough. It is harder to crest and harder to drift. Liwa is all about cresting and drifting so I was worried that this would be a rough trip. The only good thing I can say about wet sand is that it is easier to climb on the harder sand. Luckily [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] found us some dry sand to drive on, for the rest of the day.

The ride out to the camp was at dusk where we arrived at a open flat area 21 KM from the road. It was a great camp with plenty of food and conversation. You have probably seen the posts of [MENTION=1820]fida[/MENTION] magic on the BBQ. The trip is worth some of Fida’s lamb chops. There was no moon and the sky cleared for us giving us a clear view of the stars. There was rain clouds, but they were on the horizon and the storm moved around us giving us a dry night.

There were no shortage of eggs for breakfast and Chief took charge of the cooking. The journey started early with the difficulty level starting reasonable in the AM and progressively getting more challenging as the day went on. By the end of the day we were flat out in the star dunes. This was my first exposure to these weird and wonderful sand formations. If you get a chance to drive star dunes, don’t miss it.

The trip involved all types of desert driving from small to big dunes, from tight to spread out dunes, from bumps to huge bowls and arches, from slow to fast traverses. The day was full and we used every skill taught to us (to date). We arrived in Al Waggan, tank empty, exhausted and happy. Best trip to date.

Thanks [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] for the lead, [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for the sweep, [MENTION=9837]rashid[/MENTION] for the rescue and [MENTION=1820]fida[/MENTION], [MENTION=1687]Arminjune[/MENTION] (and [MENTION=1593]Melfi[/MENTION]) for making it look easy.

Mark
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

[video=youtube_share;Lzuf3BQoq_s][/video]

[flash=][/flash]