Hot Sand 3

matts
Intermediate
Intermediate

Afternoon All,

Hot Sand 3 was a great drive, it was my first drive in the Sweihan area so i don't have anything to directly compare it apart from the near by Nahel area. Due to the rain over the last few weeks the underlying sand was quite hard with a soft layer on the top. This meant where we were side sloping to maintain our position on the dunes we were doing a lot of drifting with the rear end of the cars.

We played in the big bowls, everyone drove well, we had a few second rounds and a few spots where keeping distance seemed to a problem. The only thing i would say was that radio comms were a bit weak on calling second rounds quickly to give the cars behind a bit more time to stop in an easy position. I realise this is difficult to do as when you are making the decision to do a second round you often need full concentration but it happened a couple of times to me and i had to check my radio was working properly.

Everyone drove well and i'm looking forward to seeing some videos and pictures from the trip.

Thanks all,

Matt
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Firstly, I'd like to thank you guys for the invite to your intermediate drive. I'll be honest and say that it was a clear and definite step up from the newbie drives and I did find it challenging at times (yes...those second attempts and 1 stuck was me). I had bottomed out and shamsi gave me a pull to get me out. The other times it was a case of sticking the gears in 4L and diff lock on.

trying to control the rear end of the car was particularly challenging for me and an area that I need to work on a bit.

All in all a great drive.

Adam
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Everyone

Marshals were checking forecast closely since there was RAIN allover the country accept Abu Dhabi desert so we decided to drive Sweihan one more time before it gets hot.

I can't believe that I am saying this again: Our new enemy was waiting for us again " The Fence " surrounded* the whole strip we used to drive. We were lucky to find a gate open and the guard was taking a day off.

The* dunes were just perfect , we challenged them all. Gave the chance for the boys to play for which could be the last chance.

I know, trip reports should be happy but I feel like a bit heavy for losing this area. We had had great memories for most of us and I am sure it will remembered for a very long time.

Till next time, stay safe and see you in the sand.

Cheers
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

It is sad to hear that they will close that section of Sweihan :( . I hope we can still find open gates in the future :) or maybe [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] can teach us how to jump over the fences :)).

It was disappointing to see the rain in the morning at Dubai but it seems like our Marshals did a great job checking the weather forecast thoroughly and find us a dry area to drive. The sand was dry enough and conditions was very good.

All in all, it was a nice morning ride ,had fun at the bowls and enjoyed the clean sands of Sweihan.

Thanks to all Marshalls and participated.

See you next time.

PS: Trip video editing is still on progress :)
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

I heard that they fenced large area for 350-megawatt solar photovoltaic (PV) project to be built in Sweihan.