Where are the off-roaders gone

Mohammad
Advance
Advance

Another amazing day with almost and Ithink newbies failed to catch the bear:ouch...it hurts: again. I assume this area is new for the newbies but we did it sometimes back with @Yoghybear. Start from Al Faqa sharp at 8:30am and the destination was Qudra. The area had all combination to test the drivers from small to medium dunes, sabkha, to technical dunes.

15 minutes from the start the drivers start feeling the area challenges falling in ditches with couple of pop out, many second tries due to momentum.. an observation is that the drivers leaving long distance from the car front hence can't see and read the car behavior. in such area, you may need to keep max of 10-15 meter to be able to see how the car in front of you behave especially when you crest to be able to judge the speed require to cross the dunes..

To conclude, the terrain was amazing and had lots of fun.. Thanks @Yoghybear for leading @abu_jimmy @rashedjass @alshamsi_m for another great day.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Everyone

By all means I'm sure that our members had a unique experience driving behind @Yoghybear. Driving this terrain would be considered an intermediate level if the sand was soft nevertheless, it was not easy for the newbies. Hat off for chief for choosing the track because the sand contrast was so horrible, it was hard to see if it is a ditch in front of you or a climb.

Over all, the members did well and I could see potential drivers for " Catch me if you can ".

For the first time in the past 10 years I see Maha passing right in front me, I always think that they are behind fence in Al Maha Resort. It was something special I had this year.

[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/images/oryx.jpg[/IMG]

Till next time.... take care
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Some pictures of our yesterday's trip :playingsmiley: :playingsmiley:

https://www.facebook.com/rashid.soomar/ ... nref=story
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
ZaheR
Intermediate
Intermediate

it was an amazing trip! thank you chief @Yoghybear for the lead and all marshals / rescue / intermediates!

yes i confirm that the sand was so light that i was not able to read the track at some times! other than that it was an amazing trip for me.
@Rashidjass thank you for the pictures on fb i shared them!

see you all soon.

edit: [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] how was your new BFG tires? :angry:
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another awesome drive by our Chief. Area selected was indeed good. Drive was a learning to all of us. We had all the fun and good experience. Also agree with bu salem . It was difficult to identify the terrain. Thanks to Bu Salem, Yoghy bear , Abu Jimmy , Rashid and all members to make this drive wonderful.
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

What a drive it was!!! How many popouts happened, how many second or more tries done in the convoy...i really hardly remember another drive that i have been challenged and enjoyed at the same time. This is Almost way...!

I would like to thank [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for the lead and taking us to his famous technical track and [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION], [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1657]Rashidjass[/MENTION] for the continous follow-up and support.

Dont just change; try to change by improving..

See you on the sand at the ealiest.

Barish
awais_300
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was a wonderful day and wonder ful drive i ever enjoyed with ALMOST 4x4. Specially thanks to Mr Singh who help me out when i stuck my car. This is really awesum drive very fast this time and which feels me confident. Thanks to yoghy bear for arranging the drives and Marshales for helping and guiding us in every field of drive in desert.

I love ALMOST 4x4.. its is really a family club. love it ..
@Rashidjass thank you for the pictures on FB :D
Thumbs up ...
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Another great trip with great company.

The light contrast in the dunes (or rather lack of contrast) was a new experience for me. At some point I removed my sunglasses as I thought my eyes were not adjusting properly with my sunglasses on. But then it was even worse. As everyone said, it is so deceiving, as you don't know whether it's flat, downhill, uphill, etc.

I was relieved when I read everyone's reports and realised that it was not my eyes playing tricks on me, or my vision deteriorating:relief:

Thank you [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] for creating a very interesting route.

Have a good week everyone, and see you soon in the desert...
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Arabasque

It was an amazing drive and the toughest for me so far.

@Yoghybear did a great lead and chose a track which helped us to learn… a lot.

It is said that you learn by making mistakes. Said and done. I must have learnt a lot this time, because I made quite a lot of mistakes.

I am happy for the drive, and also for the fact that Ismails AKA the Happy Car was not damaged, at least that is what I think, I hope no psychological or post-traumatic damages.

At some point I thought I was a test driver checking the quality of the car. I was possessed by the "drive like you stole it" syndrome at times and I was sometimes pressing the gas too much (thanks [MENTION=10397]Eric[/MENTION] for the tip that not always is good to press too hard on the accelerator)

God bless the people who engineered and who assembled this car, and also God bless Mr. Abdullah, Mr. Don, and the Team at Almost4x4 Garage who installed the skid plate on it…

Many thanks also to [MENTION=10397]Eric[/MENTION], [MENTION=3678]Hockey[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] for the support during the drive and also to @alshamsi_m, @Rashidjass for their “demos”

Thanks to all for the good company and see you soon!!!

Iñigo AKA Arabasque