Fresh Sand

hatem

It was a very nice route, lots of scenery. And however easy the drive is, we always get to learn something new. Thanks Abu Jimmy, Bu Salem and Mark B for the wonderful morning. And as always, it was great meeting new people with the same passion for the desert.
Romin

We started our day on Al Ain Dubai highway, after a short briefing we started our convoy. The track was very good for beginners with a few small yet technical dunes, a bit of a high speed stretch and a few medium sized dunes which gave us a chance to do a few cresting. It was good learning experience for us to know when to floor it enough to get through and not how to break our cars pointlessly guided in proper steps by the Marshals (@alShamsi, [MENTION=10075]Mark[/MENTION] and @AbuJimmy), we had few cars going for second tries to get up a few step medium dunes and if I am not mistaken just one car was completely stuck which was rescued swiftly. All in all, very good experience and a easy learning curve. Thanks guys.
Barish
Marshal
Marshal

Thanks Abu Jimmy for organizing this trip, Bu Salem for great lead as usual, Mark for support. It was really good and exciting to see some old friends after long time. I had the opportunity to test my new lift kit and also the fast drive on the flat area was interesting.

Thank you Abu Jimmy for the fact that i forget sometimes: " You have Pentastar, dont mercy your car..."👍👍👍

See you on the sand at the earliest again.
wasimb2
Intermediate
Intermediate

Another nice trip with almost4x4 as usual it was well organised by professional team
thank Abu Jimmy for the nice event
and the best leader Bu Salem
and friendly Mark B for his assist[ATTACH=CONFIG]2704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2713[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2714[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2715[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2717[/ATTACH]
nilrawal

small dunes but few were interesting to test our basic skills. Approximately we drove 50 km in dunes. Minor delays but without any rescue efforts. My flag mount broke within few minutes of start but thanks to the spare one and I could fix another light weight flag. I learnt that, a strong mount and its design is important to withstand the wind & weight of the flag. On the way, there were beautiful photo compositions of men, camels and machines. Thanks to Abu Jimmy, Bu Salem & Mark for creating a perfect frame of leading, guiding and supporting newbies on this trip. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2721[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2722[/ATTACH]
Mark B
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fresh Sand.

Fresh sand is so nice to drive in. Easy to stay in convoy and not a lot of intersecting tracks to make the ride bumpy. I particularly like the area we were in. There is a whole combination of dune and sand types. The marshals can up and down the complexity as required.

Temperature was perfect for driving with the windows down. [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] was lead marshal and [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] our sweep. Everyone did well as they learned the art of distance and convoy etiquette. Both important skills to learn as you move up in track complexity.

Really happy to see so many people posting pictures of the drive. Hope you all don’t mind if I copy them onto my hard drive.

Mark
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

This is my 3rd drive with the club and one after 3 months, I almost forgot how good it is in the desert. Anyway we met at Al faqaa area and had the briefing. [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] explained the basic convoy and communication rules, and most importantly why this drive is called FRESH SAND - unlike other areas this area was not touched by a lot. I didn't get it at the time, but half an hour to the drive I got it to the point. We had fresh sand, some what soft, and really really fresh crests, lil scary too.

We had a few second tries but no major stucks. Most of them were self recoverable. needed to say my self had 3 stucks with in 25m radius. That's a winner. :shy: I was able to recover from them thanks to [MENTION=9155]Mark B[/MENTION]. (Thanks for having so much patience). Anyway This is a good lesson for me and I guess all the new members, about keeping the right tire pressure. It was soft sand and sharp crests, my tire pressure was too high (15 - 16 psi) and I had to fight the sand. I was surprised when [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] came to me and ask me to check the tire pressure and told me its 16, which is precise.

Right after that we had a technical pass through the trees and couple of high dunes. It was really good and learned when to accelerate in such a situation. And for me it was a good proof that what a low tire pressure can do and the importance of it.If I had the high pressure I wouldn't have passed through those trees.

Anyway it was great drive, not fast but not slow, means we need to learn a more. Thanks [MENTION=1531]Abu Jimmy[/MENTION] for the nice event, [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] for the great lead and [MENTION=9155]Mark B[/MENTION] for the rescue support. Really appreciate what you guys do. See you in the sand soon.
R.B