Ramadan Bats 3.0

ginger
Intermediate
Intermediate

Ramadan Bats 3.0 was a fun drive through Area 53 and ending up at Iftar Bowl. We had quite a large convoy well led by AlKhatib , and swept by Bu Salem.

Night driving adds another complication and challenge, and even though I have additional lights, I admit to being fairly nervous at the start of the drive. Getting swiftly into the ‘swing of things’ we had a few incidents, second attempts (please report all incidents on the radio), and a few stucks. It was great to see Bu Salem showing-off ‘Nissan power’ by pulling 2 stuck Jeeps at the same time!

Generally a smooth drive, with some technical dunes, late in the drive I lost concentration getting myself crested and needing a tow. This is where a night drive tests you, when it’s getting ‘past your bedtime’ and a split-second decision to either take a second round , or try to regain height on a dune gets one into trouble!

Arriving at Iftar bowl, we met another group who were really 'set up' for the night watching Mad Max on an outside screen, with a cinema-quality sound system! We sat and chitchatted and Bu Salem shared his amazing laban (different to any I have tasted before)

Thank you to all for your great company, and of course to the organisers.