Lost Horizons

Mohammad
Advance
Advance

[quote=alshamsi_m;41869][video=youtube;irUdFT_Z86s][/video]

This video is by @momo .... my report is coming soon[/quote]

WooooooW... Amazing, excellent angle [MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION]
desert_jellyfish

[quote=matts;41867]Nope but I am tempted, are you doing yours yourself or through a garage? Let me know how it works out[/quote]

to be completely honest, it seems fairly simple to do it myself....thing is, because I don't have a lift, I know that I won't be able to have a comfortable grip on the saw and the working position - so I'm afraid I won't do too good of a job

that's why i'm looking at getting it done at a garage - maybe at ALMOST4x4 in shj - will let you know when in case you'd like to join!
delta83
Advance
Advance

what a trip... Liwa desert offroading is always special and wouldnt keep any offroader unsatisfied
we managed to burn a full wood log at the camp :D with lots of good mood :D
all the drivers did very well, thanks to you all for the nice company and marshals for arranging such trips
dont be upset if marshals decided to skip some drops, believe me it is for our own safety, and these dunes will be there next month, next year ..... practice more and we will hit these dunes and big drops again for sure
thanks for Almost 4x4 and see you all next time in the sand
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Off from Mirdiff with @Melfi, we had a long journey road-trip to Liwa. All petrol station busy on Thursday's night, we managed to refill what is necessary, fuel/food/drinks... A bit further from Madinat Zayed, we lowered down car's windows, turned music volume up and we had fun in the snaky roads between dunes! We made sure at that point that we didn't left our adrenaline at home!

Reached the flat area near to the camp, I deflated my tires while my assistant got the correct location over the radio. Thanks guys for your (on spot) flashing lights, it was visible from 500+ meters.

Driving in one shot to Liwa at night, you can't easily sit on your camping chair without standing up for a while. Just to relax the "Gluteus Maximus" after sitting long hours on your car's driver seat. So when @Solmaz and @Agalon reached Liwa, you can easily figure out who was sitting behind the steering wheel :005: while @OffroadRon was mostly standing up all the time...treating us with a very tasty, crispy, spicy chips. Dank U veel Ron ! (Thank you a lot Ron!)

The cozy atmosphere was great with some original pieces of wood on the bonfire thanks to @delta83 you saved me a wood bundle that stayed inside my car's trunk :thumbsup: To be used probably in the next Liwa's trip.

Friday morning started with a relaxing breakfast, and a slow warm up over the dunes. This drive entitled "Lost Horizon" was exactly what offered us as view through the windshield! Comparing other Liwa's trips, we had less action but more of scenery view and exploring techniques. It was interesting to see the UAE/Saudi Arabia borders' fences.

Noticing Solmaz's car having some difficulties to pass through some areas, our leader @alshamsi_m did the right choice to split Solmaz's passengers, and I have got @Agalon as my passenger with a lot of pleasure. Brother I think we had a great chit-chat all over the trip and well hydrated with imported Turkish mineral water! :051:

The ride was amazing, with great people and I still have that image in mind of the two Xterras parked beside each others at each stop. Gentlemen @ginger @OffroadRon, did we missed any deal out there? :022:

Thanks to @Mark B for the fun, you made sure was on the top during this trip. Specially when @Yoghybear was doing the long drop. Stay as you are we all love you.

Thanks to our Lead car, Second lead and Sweeper Marshal for ensuring the good health of the trip, our safety and our thirst of sand drive. Thanks too to the behind the scene committee. And I hope you gentlemen @TariqYounis and @ALKHATIB can make it next time with us!

My video is delayed, I didn't had yet time to edit, I will do it probably on Friday.

Regards to all,
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=momo;41885]Off from Mirdiff with @Melfi, we had a long journey road-trip to Liwa. All petrol station busy on Thursday's night, we managed to refill what is necessary, fuel/food/drinks... A bit further from Madinat Zayed, we lowered down car's windows, turned music volume up and we had fun in the snaky roads between dunes! We made sure at that point that we didn't left our adrenaline at home!

Reached the flat area near to the camp, I deflated my tires while my assistant got the correct location over the radio. Thanks guys for your (on spot) flashing lights, it was visible from 500+ meters.

Driving in one shot to Liwa at night, you can't easily sit on your camping chair without standing up for a while. Just to relax the "Gluteus Maximus" after sitting long hours on your car's driver seat. So when @Solmaz and @Agalon reached Liwa, you can easily figure out who was sitting behind the steering wheel :005: while @OffroadRon was mostly standing up all the time...treating us with a very tasty, crispy, spicy chips. Dank U veel Ron ! (Thank you a lot Ron!)

The cozy atmosphere was great with some original pieces of wood on the bonfire thanks to @delta83 you saved me a wood bundle that stayed inside my car's trunk :thumbsup: To be used probably in the next Liwa's trip.

Friday morning started with a relaxing breakfast, and a slow warm up over the dunes. This drive entitled "Lost Horizon" was exactly what offered us as view through the windshield! Comparing other Liwa's trips, we had less action but more of scenery view and exploring techniques. It was interesting to see the UAE/Saudi Arabia borders' fences.

Noticing Solmaz's car having some difficulties to pass through some areas, our leader @alshamsi_m did the right choice to split Solmaz's passengers, and I have got @Agalon as my passenger with a lot of pleasure. Brother I think we had a great chit-chat all over the trip and well hydrated with imported Turkish mineral water! :051:

The ride was amazing, with great people and I still have that image in mind of the two Xterras parked beside each others at each stop. Gentlemen @ginger @OffroadRon, did we missed any deal out there? :022:

Thanks to @Mark B for the fun, you made sure was on the top during this trip. Specially when @Yoghybear was doing the long drop. Stay as you are we all love you.

Thanks to our Lead car, Second lead and Sweeper Marshal for ensuring the good health of the trip, our safety and our thirst of sand drive. Thanks too to the behind the scene committee. And I hope you gentlemen @TariqYounis and @ALKHATIB can make it next time with us!

My video is delayed, I didn't had yet time to edit, I will do it probably on Friday.

Regards to all,[/quote]

Thanks @momo for your hospitality and great company. Like you knew before that i will be your passenger, you had your stock of Sirma water there. Nice chitchat all along the way with Liwa all around with all it's greatness. The arrangement which @alshamsi_m made, showed us one more time that he is not just leading but always watching each car and takes action if necessary.
The roller coaster drive as @Mark B named was something new to me, as the formation was too. It was really fun.

Hats off for @alshamsi_m, @delta83 and @Yoghybear for the awesome weekend and all the drivers for the nice company and great drive all together... See you all next time.

Regards.
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Everyone

As I promised that I'm going to write my trip report" It is better be late than never " . I'm not going to describe how great Liwa is but how great are our people in Liwa.

Although, @Yoghybear is the organizer of the drive he gave me the privilege to lead his trip which shows the team spirit. :semi-twins::semi-twins:

In addition, while we were driving I noticed that @Agalone was struggling with the FJ "Yodaa". I know that Agalon is a very good driver but he is used to his Jeep So I asked him to take the passenger seat and give the car to Solamz. The main purpose is the safety of his family, He didn't take my decision personally or that it would effect his image, He respected my opinion as a senior member and this how great offroaders build up " Total Respect for you ".:thumbsup:

Now let us talk about my hero : @delta83 was the second lead and in intermediate drives with an known areas the second lead is the most important role in the drive to rectify any problem happens to the leading marshal. Delta did a great job plus the burden of helping me whenever I get in trouble " at least 4 times " .... remind me to give you the RESCUE key chain.:redbullsmiley:

When we tested the 750 ft. drop I noticed that it was not safe for intermediates and for a while the communication was disconnected so I was afraid that someone would do the drop by mistake :you're kidding, rig. I asked Delta to hold everyone and I forgot to ask him to do the drop since he is an Advance driver. I felt sorry later on because he came 3 times to Liwa this season and he missed it. I promise that I'll push you from the top next time . :059:

Till next Liwa drive I wish you all the best and drive safely

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
delta83
Advance
Advance

[MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] thanks to you and Almost 4x4 family for giving me this opportunity ,
for the dunes, i guess we should head there after the sand storm, maybe it got little higher by couple feet :D
am sure we will go again to Liwa and do all these drops next season ;)