Full Moon Camp

elena

Full moon camp!

Appeared as a real full moon, 99% as said by @alshamsi_m. The weather turns up to be chilly, so I used my coat and boots and felt super comfortable so far. But the further we go the cooler it would be, I believe..

This time I took a friend with me, who is on a visit for a week. So when I announced to her, that we are going to camp and that will be in a tent and sleeping bags. She told me “wow! That’s my dream!” so, if there is a dream, it should come true. She enjoyed our company and atmosphere. Though I was cautious, that she might be bored, since she doesn’t speak English.. But good vibrations work! It is being felt without any language skills. We had a great time next to the bonfire and then cool night in the tent! thank you @alshamsi_m for providing us with a tent and help!

Morning breakfast turned out to be a nice team work. Fresh coffee + toasts were definitely a good beginning of the day!

Was happy to see @muhtar family again with little brave Ismail, and princess Hatice (I could be wrong with the spelling, I googled it). Hope to see you again!

Cheers, family!

elena
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Good morning everyone

On Friday night after the afternoon drive, I was thinking that how I wish I have more time to spend in the desert like what we did on Thursday night. The weather was amazing with FULL MOON. I forgot my jacket but [MENTION=8771]KIMOz[/MENTION] was nice enough to share with me his " Family spirit ". We had a nice chit chat around the bon fire in both the night and the early morning too.

Looking forward for more camping this season.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Full moon camp, Almosters and some Beetles :ORLY: Look at the picture we had a visitor decorating our bonfire area.
Beetles doing side crest ? :grin:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2178[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elena

@MOMO, hi! you managed to catch the natural off-roaders! :thumbsup:
adventure motox

Hi Everyone,

Went camping a few times here in the UAE and I enjoy it. I love getting out of the city on weekends.... I have enough of the stress and traffic during the week... so I try and make the best of the peaceful bliss the desert can offer on days off.

This week however, was my first over night camp with ALMOST and my wife and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks again for organizing and will see you all again soon.

Also... The drive to the camp was a little interesting... After an entertaining rescue we were all on our way.

JT (Adventure... )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adventure motox

Hi Everyone,

Went camping a few times here in the UAE and I enjoy it. I love getting out of the city on weekends.... I have enough of the stress and traffic during the week... so I try and make the best of the peaceful bliss the desert can offer on days off.

This week however, was my first over night camp with ALMOST and my wife and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks again for organizing and will see you all again soon.

Also... The drive to the camp was a little interesting... After an entertaining rescue we were all on our way.

JT (Adventure)
muhtar

Hi there,
As wife got a bit cold at the beginning of the week, I thought it would be only me and Ismail yet wife could not resist it and changed her mind at 19h00 Thu... I was dead tired as the previous night was a long one due to some US call conference however when I see Almost flags at the petrol station we really felt great again...

After deflating we drove more or less 600m for the fence, then another 500 until I noticed a smartphone left in my hood?!! The first question is not "where this phone came from?" but rather "how this phone stick to the hood and not fall???" Well, we rescued the phone (which was left there by a nice lady helping me in deflating point) successfully without using any jack nor rescue rope. :ORLY:The other "situation" is also sorted quickly (yet marshals had to use a rope :D ), I barely missed another situation thanks to marshals shaking the car and we got there. I could not spent much time around the fire but the morning coffee was quite refreshing. Kids also enjoyed a short camel ride in the morning; it was a pretty cool surprise...

The way back was pretty quick (this is about the physics I guess; the road gets longer during the hot day and shrinks during the cold night. Yeah, this is the scientific explanation) ending in the petrol station for the CM drive...

Thanks for the organisation, leading the way and helping to get back...
@elena, thanks for lovely words. It was also great to see you and would like to meet in the first camp. Ismail is dreaming to live in the desert indeed, I guess he will make a better offroader then his father. ;)
yassser

Wonderful weather with very cool people in the desert under the shinning full moon
I think we don't want more than that ..
Thanks God
Thanks organizers
Thanks almost family.
On the way going to camp site we had strange stuck and very interesting rescue
Three cars pulls each other.....wow:045:
And after car �� got out we had new guest jumped into the car rear
It was mini desert rat...Rita tried to invite him to the camping but he
Runy away loool
Arabsic don't worry man it happens ...still the at beginning :pacman: ...
I had nice talk with you man about Spain and Barcelona and bask
Thank you elena and shbatat for self made food and grilled chicken ..
And the funny thing was when I did wake up in the morning I found myself alone with kimo only
Every one left .....because we over slept until 8:00...so we missed the coffee ..
All in all it was very cool
See you again in the coming camp
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

My dear @ARABASQUE I couldn't hold my self and decided to upload this video :grin: Despite the fact that it was a "situation" I think all of us had a smile recovering your car, even the mouse below the tire enjoyed the ride!

[video=youtube;97ttngfun38][/video]