Sony Ericson Newbies

Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

Jus gonna keep it short and simple as its been more than 24 hours and i havent slept anyways here goes
prior to arriving at meeting point i kind of lost my way as apparently the meeting point was through someones houses i decided to continue to the road and cross from behind the house through the desert however 500 meters ahead i could see a bunch of cars so could tell its the almosters . Deflated briefed and off we went for the drive . Its been a while driving on a 10+trip so i had forgotten how easily things can go wrong and the first bowl itself they did. No one keeping space someone got stuck and the people behind struggling to find a space to stand. Once that was solved Kimos Hummer started acting funny (or maybe it was the driver :p) and started getting crested this hapened around 4 times and then we had a pop out . The drive was very technical at some points and we were going through really narrow lanes. There were points were the scenery was simply amazing .Midway through the drive [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION] announced thats hes gonna give us a little intermediate teaser track to drive on . 5 seconds later im looking at this almost crazy uphill that not in my wildest imagination would i think a car can climb and apparently the whole convoy went through it . Really liked the teaser thanx [MENTION=2]ALKHATIB[/MENTION]. Once that was over [MENTION=9136]margarita[/MENTION] 's car started experiencing some problem apparently the jeep had a personality disorder and though it was a honda and started spinning only the front wheels (FWD ANYONE ?). On a more serious note as peeps told me her rear shaft got disconnected therefore no power was going to the rear wheels.To sum it up All Got back safe and sound [MENTION=9136]margarita[/MENTION] sorry about your car i hope its not a big issue fixing the rear shaft. Marshals and founders well organized trip really enjoyed it .
Regards
Defragmantor
PS:A small suggestion to the marshalls and founders that they can point out in the trip report what they thought members were doing wrong and how can that be corrected as it will help us realize the errors we are commiting during the trips and we can avoid repeating them.
Muhittin

Thank you everyone very much for this nice drive,,,

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... c33df49d71
sanbloody

Indeed an amazing drive....special thanks to Majaaz and Kahtib. [MENTION=8718]MOMO[/MENTION] and Defrag... post some of the videos you guys recorded
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=sanbloody;38658]Indeed an amazing drive....special thanks to Majaaz and Kahtib. @MOMO and Defrag... post some of the videos you guys recorded[/quote]
All my video content I have given to [MENTION=8718]MOMO[/MENTION] so he can create one amazing video from two angles
Duli

Definitely the most heart pumping adrenaline filled drive I have ever had with the club. the first ever 10+ drive attended by most of us today. An early morning drive to the meeting point which allowed us to see the sunrise as we were on the way. After reaching the meeting point we all were told to go deeper into the sands following a path which Al Khatib left for us. Thanks to @Defragmantor who created additional 5-10 tracks for the rest of us still deflating and getting our cars ready:yaeh am not durnk:. It was fun as I had to find my own path in and was being followed by @pradodxb.

Short briefing by @alshamsi_m for the advance and intermediate group and then they took off leaving the newbies in the hands of Al Khatib, Abu Jimmy, Mazaaj, Hamdan and Rashidjass.

I was in the first convoy AL Khatib in the lead and Mazaaj as sweep.

The first 5-10 minutes saw majority of us struggling in between small dunes with a lot of twists and turns. After that it felt better.

Driving a LWB machine in this area felt like the desert telling me "You wait and watch today" :beaten:.

Got crested twice today, first due to less momentum and second as I could not turn the car and follow the track due to the small space, which made me take a shortcut to catch the track (mistake). After that I got used to the type of this drive and it was going smooth, until Al Khatib pushed up the pace and difficulty level a notch higher .

It was a really nice drive with a perfect route selected for the 10+ drive to bring out what we have learnt during the previous drives.

We had few damages (3 cars), I hope all is fixed soon and we see you all back in action next week.

After reaching the end point, the smiles on the faces of all members always shows how we enjoyed the drive, no matter how hard it was.

I was happy with myself today as majority of the members were complaining on the short dunes and the difficulty of the drive. It was a happy moment for me as I thought 'I made it in and out in one piece, even with my car being double the size of all Jeeps and 4x4s in the convoy'. All the credit for these skills do not go to me but it goes to all the people who taught me and gave me the knowledge of how to use these skills, and these are all the Marshals of this amazing club.

I would like to thank ALMOST 4X4 CLUB for this. :love_heart:

Thank you @alshamsi_m @ALKHATIB @Mazaaj @Abu Jimmy @hamdan @Rashidjass for giving us this opportunity and thank you to all who joined today's drive and made it successful.

C U All Soon.

Tc and have fun.
Defragmantor
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Duli;38661]Definitely the most heart pumping adrenaline filled drive I have ever had with the club. the first ever 10+ drive attended by most of us today. An early morning drive to the meeting point which allowed us to see the sunrise as we were on the way. After reaching the meeting point we all were told to go deeper into the sands following a path which Al Khatib left for us. Thanks to @Defragmantor who created additional 5-10 tracks for the rest of us still deflating and getting our cars ready:yaeh am not durnk:. It was fun as I had to find my own path in and was being followed by @pradodxb.

Tc and have fun.[/quote]
Hey I swear to drunk I am not God XD
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

I start this report saying hat off Mazaaj who spent an impressing effort rescuing so many times during the first 3 km of this trip and also to AlKhatib at lead position who was very patient and smiling till the finish point. When I saw the stuck intervals at the beginning of the drive, I looked to the GPS and saw that we still have 13km to drive so I was a bit worried about the fun side of the drive, but soon after the warm up and dunes getting bigger, the drive was smooth and we enjoyed it.

This drive was also the good example to never hit the desert alone. Car problems are very hazardous… We had crestings, pop-outs, propeller-shaft issues, some minor reparations…

The positive thing is that we have now a brief introduction about intermediate level in some track sections. So I guess every one of us, learned new things about their car, terrain and driving skills.

Cheers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2110[/ATTACH]
BAT
Intermediate
Intermediate

ALMOSTERS...
Looks like it was a bit hard drive to some of my dear Newbies
Guys.. you're the near future Intermediates and you should be at that level
Challenging your self and abilities at ALMOST 4X4 with our Marshals/ seniors supervision is the way to do it
Wish you all safety
sanbloody

Hi MOMO.. awaiting the video you have done!!
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=sanbloody;38682]Hi MOMO.. awaiting the video you have done!![/quote]

Hey...it is cooking, i am looking for sound track :) it might take time because I am a bit busy these days :)