Jeep XJ 2000 Spare Tire

strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Keep the bicycle size spare as this is better cos you get more storage space in the back of your XJ

Plus if your running on BFG's ...... with the 3 ply sidewalls ....... you'll only get flat tires in really extreme situations or extreme bad luck
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

I Like Strawb's suggestion....But if you still want a full size spare, I can have a swing out spare carrier fabricated for you.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 ... m-main.jpg

Maddie

Bu-Shahid;26136 wrote:Thank you Zak for the reply, I am trying to avoid the rack as much as possible.
A simple 50 dirhams bracket you can get made will fit on the existing and solve the issue but as Strawb advised, your BFGs are extremely strong and dependable Ma Sha Allah and adding a spare of the same size will add all that weight to your Rig !

@Strawb, its Bu Shahid's dedicated offroad rig, space won't be a big problem.

Sound advise and guiding words, Thanks Chief !!!
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

CAMEL;26140 wrote:I Like Strawb's suggestion....But if you still want a full size spare, I can have a swing out spare carrier fabricated for you.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 ... m-main.jpg

strawb;26137 wrote:Keep the bicycle size spare as this is better cos you get more storage space in the back of your XJ

Plus if your running on BFG's ...... with the 3 ply sidewalls ....... you'll only get flat tires in really extreme situations or extreme bad luck
MaddieTJ;26142 wrote:A simple 50 dirhams bracket you can get made will fit on the existing and solve the issue but as Strawb advised, your BFGs are extremely strong and dependable Ma Sha Allah and adding a spare of the same size will add all that weight to your Rig !

@Strawb, its Bu Shahid's dedicated offroad rig, space won't be a big problem.

Sound advise and guiding words, Thanks Chief !!!
Thank you all for your valuable advices
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

You don't need BFG as a spare tyre , if you want a full size spare , just fix any second hand original tyre . ( 15 x 7.5 rim & 245 / 75 / 15 tyre ) and it will fit perfectly .

If you have extra money to waste , and you love the noise ( orchestra ) of metal banging , you can go for the roof rack and the Tyre carrier .
What goes around , comes around .
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abu Jimmy;26147 wrote: you love the noise ( orchestra ) of metal banging .
I already have enough... :011: :005: :011: :005:
DesertDawg
Club Member
Club Member