Best Rim and Tyre for Jk 4 Doors

Trident

Which one is better 15" or 17" rims both with the 305 / 315 tyres. I'm planning to lift and upgrade rims and tyres. Will appreciates your experience advise. Thanks
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

2.5" lift with 15" x 33 tires

if you change to bigger tires without the lift, you'll end up scraping your tires in the fenders when turning

however, i would highly recommend that it would still be best to learn to drive the car in stock form and upgrade as per your need as you improve your driving skills
Trident

Stage 1 - keep learning to drive with my stock jeep, thanks strawb for your excellent recommendation... Appreciated

Stage 2 - later.... To get 2.5" lift done - terraflex

Stage 3 - to get a good/moderate quality 15" rim - procomp if available , otherwise either offoroad or gt wheels rim

Stage 4 - to select 33 tyres - all terrain bfg or procomp

Time Frame 3 months
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Trident;24404 wrote:Stage 1 - keep learning to drive with my stock jeep, thanks strawb for your excellent recommendation... Appreciated

step 2 - later.... To get 2.5" lift done - terraflex

step 3 - to get a good/moderate quality 15" rim - procomp if available , otherwise either offoroad or gt wheels rim

step 4 - to select 33 tyres - all terrain bfg or procomp

stage 2 - teraflex, fox racing or king shocks if you have the budget

stage 3 - a choice of either 8" or 10" offset with the preferred style or design you want

stage 4 - BFG's, Cooper At3's or Yokohama Geolanders
Trident

How much is the price range of Kings Shocks?
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Trident;24406 wrote:How much is the price range of Kings Shocks?
A little bit of google will give you an answer for your question .... I think ramy4x4 has them locally

Please share if you find out so everyone canbenefit from the thread

Thanks
Trident

I will phone Ramy tomorrow -- let me see. Thanks
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

[quote=Trident;24392]Which one is better 15" or 17" rims both with the 305 / 315 tyres. I'm planning to lift and upgrade rims and tyres. Will appreciates your experience advise. Thanks[/quote]

The 15" rims will fit only the Unlimited Sport . if your car is Sahara Edition you have to stick to the 17" rims , as the smaller rims will not fit due to the electronic descent system .
What goes around , comes around .
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Trident;24392 wrote:Which one is better 15" or 17" rims both with the 305 / 315 tyres. I'm planning to lift and upgrade rims and tyres. Will appreciates your experience advise. Thanks
Hmmm... another Newbie, who wants to impress his neighbours... We have some Wrangler owners in our Club, who managed to be upgraded to Intermediate level, without mods. What about this? :060:
Trident

caprihorse;24422 wrote:Hmmm... another Newbie, who wants to impress his neighbours... We have some Wrangler owners in our Club, who managed to be upgraded to Intermediate level, without mods. What about this? :060:
Thanks for the encouragement... anyway it is a 3 months project... I will try to control/delay it as much as possible to stay driving in stock JK.