Dream come true !!!!

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;25400 wrote:يا رجل ما فكرت كذا
Google translation for all, who cannot understand this script:

Oh man what I thought as well as

Next time Maddie, with the respect to all our International members, pls try to express yourself in English :033:
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Bu-Shahid;25342 wrote:I already made my mind lol :048::005:

First in , first served...:060:
What goes around , comes around .
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Abu Jimmy;25428 wrote:First in , first served...:060:
I am already in, last touches are being made by Omar (Almost4x4) :045: and car will be collected very soon...looking forward for the next desert trip (or maybe this Hatta trip, not decided yet).
you have already started your support :005: which is highly appreciated :like:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

for all the aspiring XJ owners ......... dont mistake my comments as i love my XJ and i have a special bond with it which you cant really explain ......

but things to consider when you bite the bullet and go for a cherokee XJ

1. It is essential for you to know your way around the sharjah industrial area
2. It is essential that you quickly develop your automotive knowledge and basic alectrical and mechanical know how
3. It is a fact that it will be a rough and tormenting relationship with your XJ in the first few months as you get to know the needs of your car
4. You will not have any baggage space as you need to fill this space with tools, parts and fluids
5. You will be phone pals, text mate and bestfriends with Habib
6. Your mechanics, electricians and recovery service will be in the speed dial of your mobile
7. There will be a phase wherein you spend fridays on the desert and the rest of the week in the garage
8. Comfort is at home, not in yor car

With all of the above said, I sold my very comfortable 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero and opted to use BULLDOG to be my daily ride as well

There are things that you cant explain and may sound border line crazy ......... but ...... I love my XJ to death and will keep it with me as long as i can
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

strawb;25454 wrote:for all the aspiring XJ owners ......... dont mistake my comments as i love my XJ and i have a special bond with it which you cant really explain ......

but things to consider when you bite the bullet and go for a cherokee XJ

1. It is essential for you to know your way around the sharjah industrial area
2. It is essential that you quickly develop your automotive knowledge and basic alectrical and mechanical know how
3. It is a fact that it will be a rough and tormenting relationship with your XJ in the first few months as you get to know the needs of your car
4. You will not have any baggage space as you need to fill this space with tools, parts and fluids
5. You will be phone pals, text mate and bestfriends with Habib
6. Your mechanics, electricians and recovery service will be in the speed dial of your mobile
7. There will be a phase wherein you spend fridays on the desert and the rest of the week in the garage
8. Comfort is at home, not in yor car

With all of the above said, I sold my very comfortable 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero and opted to use BULLDOG to be my daily ride as well

There are things that you cant explain and may sound border line crazy ......... but ...... I love my XJ to death and will keep it with me as long as i can
Great words Strawb !!! I see as added value. Just you forgot point #9:

9. Few hours in the desert, one week in the garage :022:
Maddie

caprihorse;25455 wrote:Great words Strawb !!! I see as added value. Just you forgot point #9:

Chief Marshal, the frequent breaking down of XJs is because of unnecessary modifications, or its extremes.

See Chief Marshal, the xjs are built tough to run standard, and it was in no way meant to climb huge dunes.

It is in no way a Toyota or Nissan. Regearing is very very important. The dunes need immense power, the XJ loses a lot of it when the huge tires are put on. Add that with the power needed for dune bashing?????

How we overcome that? We kill the rigs to keep up with the Toyotaas and nissans.

The XJ differential is simply not up to the task. And when we push the XJ to its extremes, it breaks down and keeps on breaking down.

The answer simply IS NOT bigger tyres and more lift.... :(

And guys, please keep the stock air boxes, your KNs allow a lot of sand to come in and fouls the intakes and throttle bodies....
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

caprihorse;25455 wrote:Great words Strawb !!! I see as added value. Just you forgot point #9:

Well not really. There are on and off seasons.

Knock on wood but my xj has been sharjah free the past 3 months or so.

They are tough as nails when set up properly
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;25456 wrote:Chief Marshal, the frequent breaking down of XJs is because of unnecessary modifications, or its extremes.

See Chief Marshal, the xjs are built tough to run standard, and it was in no way meant to climb huge dunes.

It is in no way a Toyota or Nissan. Regearing is very very important. The dunes need immense power, the XJ loses a lot of it when the huge tires are put on. Add that with the power needed for dune bashing?????

How we overcome that? We kill the rigs to keep up with the Toyotaas and nissans.

The XJ differential is simply not up to the task. And when we push the XJ to its extremes, it breaks down and keeps on breaking down.

And guys, please keep the stock air boxes, your KNs allow a lot of sand to come in and fouls the intakes and throttle bodies....

There are no differential issues as such ir if any are very rare

Common issues of the xj are 2 things

Over heating and electricals

Both of which can be easily sorted out with simple and easy fixes

Plus don't worry about our xj's keeping up with the toyotas and nissans, we can manage to keep up with jals even with 4inch lifts and big tires

Cheers
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

MaddieTJ;25456 wrote:Chief Marshal, the frequent breaking down of XJs is because of unnecessary modifications, or its extremes.

I'm following XJ story, when I'm sometimes using BMW area in Sharjah and I see many already known to me cars standing outside the garage and waiting...:054:
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

strawb;25458 wrote:
Plus don't worry about our xj's keeping up with the toyotas and nissans, we can manage to keep up with jals even with 4inch lifts and big tires

Cheers
I will fully agree to that as I have myself seen them keep up !