FJ Mods

Mosalf

Darshan;16964 wrote:I fully respect the policies of almost4x4. Afterall, i learnt all my basics here. I do not consider myself "experienced" under any measure. I am still learning. The Pun was intended while using "newbie" title.

Having said that, i am of the opinion that everybody has the right to express what "HE THINKS" is right, Even if he is a newbie.

Looking at the broader picture on safety of club members and newbies, you may restrict such members from offering advices/opinions. But, there is only so much anyone can control. Everyone is owner to his own free will.
Hello Darshan,

I would tend to disagree with your statement "Looking at the broader picture on safety of club members and newbies, you may restrict such members from offering advices/opinions. But, there is only so much anyone can control. Everyone is owner to his own free will."

Opinions given and taken can have very damaging effect unless the opinion comes from authority. I for one am a newbie and out in that desert, if I express my free will, I will certainly have roll overs and the loss is mine to bear. We all want to avoid these and hence we follow Marshals. Marshals are the experts ++ of off road driving in sand.

If they feel they need to caution us newbs on our opinions then they are absolutely correct. I am not one to advise you, perhaps you are having another rank in another forum, however, I feel that guidance should come from those who have gone down the path. Remember, opinions weigh down on newbs a lot because they are under pressure to excel and get upgraded.

Its like the founders say, both the car and the driver needs to be modified. Capri is correct when he says the driver needs to be modified first and then even with a modified car he can be certain his expertise will allow him to learn and adjust far quicker. For me, as you have said the bumpstops and the skid plate did the trick. Cost of bumper if it breaks is AED1000.00. Cost of Roll over is life threatening. Best stay with the stock car till I have acheived what the Marshal says intermediate++trips and then maybe I will chase you up for the all the upgrades you are recommending. Thanks to all of you who contributed in this thread, I hopefully can close it with no offence to anyone.
Mosalf

Thanks to all!!! This drive is getting modified bit by bit.