Project: Suzuki Vitara with 1JZ

xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

Was wondering if anyone here - has had/currently has/planning on making one themself? Here in RAK I know there are a couple flying around.

The guys here at work want to start a side project and we are thinking of making one to play on our test track behind the factory.

Saw online someone named Yamajee had pictures of his project but not alot of info is there. I would rather go something more the lines of this http://mysuzukijimny.blogspot.com/2010/ ... i-1jz.html

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, just looking to see if anyone had some knowledge to share. I did go down to a few of the shops in RAK that have done the modification themselves, but with the language issue I'm not 100% i trust/believe everything they told me.

Price wise (talking to the shops and a few other people)
Suzuki (in running condition) 6000-8000 AED
1JZ engine w/turbo form SHJ (good condition with computer/harness) 2000-3000 AED
(transmission and axles is what I'm trying to figure out - and some of you might know I dont have the best of luck in this department - DAMN YOU YJ)
Labor - im not worried about
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: editing previous data for optimising search box results
FSL

I'd personally prefer to work on a jimny (as in the link) rather then the vitara.
It has a mean look. It resembles the mighty LR Defender :003:

all the best...
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wizzo

The vitara takes the 1jz well, i could point you in some directions of garages that eat sleep dream 1jz.. They can fit one in anything.. Im very fond of the 1jz and 2jz, in my opinion the 2jz is too this day the best motor ever build.. and a vitara with a 1jz is a new level of power.. Go for it!!

Also a 1jz with a 5 speed tranny and a ecu will go for 6k, and they are not too hard to source..
xkennx
Club Member
Club Member

wizzo - the garages you know - were they able to keep it 4wd? the shops i talked to in RAK make them RWD only.
wizzo

I saw a vitara in Awir 2 weeks ago with a 1jz, and it was still 4wd, im not sure about the garage i know.. I suggest you get onto uaboost.net they have alot of knowledge on the 1jz swap's, look for a guy called rashood/rashoood not sure..